The Purple Palace Has Arrived!

looks great, have you tried p@h for plants, i know they do bright pink ones so maybe will to purple too
Can't wait to see it with fish in :good:
Im so glad you managed to get a purple one. :good:

Good luck with the guppies. Im going to get a trio in a couple of weeks but I want something really special colourwise. Its hard to find really nice ones. P@H had some but I will not buy from them as they will die.
 
i once had a real plant that had leaves like a nettle...but was bright purple and white.....were lovely looking plants!!


or if you go to the biorb section of the LFS they will have a metallic purple looking plastic plant to buy.
 
Well managed to find some purple plants on ebay :) Should be here Monday.

This morning I went 'looking' for some fish :) Came home with 3M Blue metallic Guppies and 4F's They are lovely, with tinges of purple in their tails!!!

Will get some pics up Later when they have settled in :)

Edit; Pics - not great but the best I could do with non stop moving fish!
Also added my 3 albino cory's to the tank, oh they were so happy to be back together again (previously one each in the divided betta tank so could only see each other thru the divide :() I swear they were hugging each other with joy! :)



HPIM0844.jpg



HPIM0844a-1.jpg


HPIM0845a.jpg


HPIM0846a.jpg


HPIM0847a.jpg


HPIM0846.jpg
 
looking beautiful, the cories look great really stand out... must say you left me standing as mine is still empty lol

shelagh xxx
 
After seeing your nano I went out this morning with the intention of sorting out my nano tank.

I got stuck in traffic on the way to the LFS because there was an anti-BNP protest and lots of roads were closed.

Wharf aquatics are still 1/2 way through their refit, have loads of lovely new african cichlids, but no nice oddballs and no dwarf puffers. They only had 1 honey gourami.
I then saw they just got some chocolate gouramis in, I thought they would make a nice alternative to the honey gouramis, but they were offsale :(

I ended up leaving empty handed.


I then went to another shop just down the road from there.
Plenty of honey gouramis, but pink ones unfortunately.
They seemed to be out of all the unusual stuff as well, no otos, barely any cories.
I just grabbed a bag of black sand and 3 pieces of bogwood that caught my eye.

On the way out of the fish house though I saw the most beautiful betta, bright red with gold/blue, I just had to buy him.

So I went out to buy some dwarf puffers for my 40l and ended up with a betta!

I think I might get 5-6 panda cories to finish of the tank and leave it at that now :)
 
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sounds familiar, roam round all the LFS find nothing then out of the corner of your eye, see something you never actually went for in the first place!

Sounds like a beauty, show us some pics when you can B-)
 
This is his home, it's a 40l, not sure on the make. It has a fluval 2plus filter (which I have modified to create no current)

17082008185.jpg


Here he is, busy looking at his reflection in the side :P
17082008188.jpg


I'll clean the glass and take some better pictures in the week.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top