The Purple Palace Has Arrived!

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My purple tank arrived this morning, all set up now, just need some purple plants - anyone got any they dont want? LOL.

Ive almost made my mind up about the fish - guppies - I used to have some pretty purple/pink ones, just need to find some like them - the hunt round the LFS continues :)

HPIM0840b.jpg
 
Purple overload! Very nice

I would be tempted to get some yellow fish for that tank, the contrast between the yellow and purple would be stunning
 
I like that purple sand. Very spiffy and certainly something you don't see every day in an aquarium :D
I'd definitely get some more decor though. It looks a bit empty in that tank. Maybe just 1 or 2 more plants that are a bit taller or something? *shrugs*

I'd be tempted to get yellow fish for it as well. Or take that advice from whoever said it, and get albino fish. Maybe some sort of seethrough fish. Or as maxim said, yellow fish.

Hmmm... I wonder how real plants would look in there. The contrast of the green w/ the purple.

Anywho! heh..... I can't wait til you eventually get fish. Don't forget to post pics when you do :D
 
Yes definately needs some taller plants for the back - just having trouble finding something suitable, you know purple LOL. Did think about getting some real plants, cant remember what they are called, but they are purple on the underside of the leaves, but all live plants I have die.

Hmmm yellow fish - sounds interesting - again what yellow fish LOL - Still thinking guppies and cories. Although until funds permit, its empty for at least a week as I have a fiver to last until Wednesday - itching to put the fishies in though (mature media from ext will be used of course).
 
What is so funny about yellow guppies - heck they come in all colour variations!
 
hmm, shame your tank isnt a few gallons bigger, there are plenty of perfect purple and yellow kribensis species

I've been looking at some smaller yellow fish for you, so far I have found:

Yellow Neon Rasbora:
MA023.jpg


Honey Gourami:
honey-gourami-profile.jpg


Yellow snakeskin guppy:
yellow_king_cobra_guppy.jpg



Shame your tank isn't a marine, these would be perfect:
RoyalGramma.jpg
 
Ohhh love those guppies - saw some the other day too.

Honey gourami - nice, would two with maybe 6 of the guppies be too much do you think?

And dont get me stated on Marines - someday would love to do a marine set up, but space and money are a serious factor.
 
Very unusual - purple is one of my fav colours.

Now, I'm going to go with a different option for fish - I reckon a couple of white sailfin mollies would look great in there! They really stand out even when the lights are off and against the darkness of the purple gravel, well, they would look wonderful!

Athena :*
 
wow where did you find that and how much????


im thinking of setting up a black and white themed tank. black sand, white stones/rocks,etc, then sticking in all my black and white (see through) fish (danios, emperor tetras, killis,lightfish, angels etc.
 
After much searching found it at The Aquarium Shop (online shop) £39.99 including delivery :)
 
looks great, have you tried p@h for plants, i know they do bright pink ones so maybe will to purple too
Can't wait to see it with fish in :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top