The new setup!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

charlotte1211

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got the new tank to a presentable condition still feel like it has some room for improvement! We also have our new Betta Abraham Lincoln. Almost felt like a crime to not give him the American name he deserves with his red, white and blue colours.

Attachments

• 0FCE99EE-092D-4BF2-8DB3-BB25F832C60A.jpeg
    0FCE99EE-092D-4BF2-8DB3-BB25F832C60A.jpeg
    441.9 KB · Views: 80
  • D7A0A83B-7F9E-4778-A74C-5C4FBD761789.jpeg
    D7A0A83B-7F9E-4778-A74C-5C4FBD761789.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 83
Looks lovely! Beautiful betta 😍

The tank looks good and the only suggestion I would make would be for some floating vegetation.
Betta are hard-wired to be wary of predation from above, so floaters would provide some security and, even though you aren't breeding, he might even feel comfortable enough to blow a bubble nest.

Stick some water lettuce and/or water sprite in to float on the top. It’s great for water quality and to shade him from the light and worry of predators.
Will he fit into those plastic buildings?

It depends on the size of the holes in them. If they are larger than a betta or tiny, no problem; if they are just slightly smaller than a betta, they can get stuck.

It depends on the size of the holes in them. If they are larger than a betta or tiny, no problem; if they are just slightly smaller than a betta, they can get stuck.
Stick some water lettuce and/or water sprite in to float on the top. It’s great for water quality and to shade him from the light and worry of predators.
Will he fit into those plastic buildings?
Please put some floating plants in your tank, to make the Betta more comfortable.
Please put some floating plants in your tank, to make the Betta more comfortable.
Hello thank you for all the suggestions we have around 5 other betta tanks and I don’t usually use ornaments in their tanks as I like to keep things natural; however I have made sure there is enough space for the betta to get through with ease! (Had to take in to account he’s a chunky boy 😂)

I have moved some duckweed from one of the other tanks into this one! I have some of the suction cups arriving this afternoon just got back in from getting the plants for them. Just somewhere else for him to perch higher up with it being a taller tank ❤️

Attachments

• A6A77268-4E63-4D78-BA48-DEA5D1059199.png
    A6A77268-4E63-4D78-BA48-DEA5D1059199.png
    444.9 KB · Views: 61
Nice and neat little set up :)

Betta has lovely colourations and fins, looks a nice healthy betta!

Liking the suction cup plant holder, adds a little something extra to the tank.

Keep up with the good work ;)

Nice and neat little set up :)

Betta has lovely colourations and fins, looks a nice healthy betta!

Liking the suction cup plant holder, adds a little something extra to the tank.

Keep up with the good work ;)
Thank you ❤️ Means a lot we lost one of our half moon bettas the other month to swim bladder. Since then Iv been trying to see if I can change anything in there tanks to make it the best I can for them always up for changing things for suggestions!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back