The Creepiest Thing Happened to Me This Morning (logical explanation)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This thread reminded me of this youtube video

That is exactly why the brain paralyses the body during REM sleep, to stop the animal from hurting itself during sleep. The dog is paralysed to start with and its paws are moving. But for some reason the brain releases the paralysis and the dog's legs start moving. Then the dog wakes up startled and runs into the wall.

I guess but it doesn't concern me too much
Maybe change your diet before bed. Avoid eating lots of meat or fatty foods for dinner. Avoid dairy products for a few weeks and see if it helps. If it doesn't maybe see a phycologist (counsellor) or a sleep therapist.

That is exactly why the brain paralyses the body during REM sleep, to stop the animal from hurting itself during sleep. The dog is paralysed to start with and its paws are moving. But for some reason the brain releases the paralysis and the dog's legs start moving. Then the dog wakes up startled and runs into the wall.
Saw a video of a small rodent doing something similar to this, except it was running on a wheel.

Maybe change your diet before bed. Avoid eating lots of meat or fatty foods for dinner. Avoid dairy products for a few weeks and see if it helps. If it doesn't maybe see a phycologist (counsellor) or a sleep therapist.
Maybe I can try... But I love meats... I guess I can do salads for a few weeks... But weird dreams happen maybe once or twice a month... Rarely I will have a lot but sometimes I do...

You can have a small amount of meat but don't gorge yourself on meat before bed. :)

Have a bowl of cereal instead

I eat rice cakes and peanut butter before bed. I read that helps you get a good night rest. But don't eat a big meal just before bed.

We had some chicken, pasta salad, an actual salad, and rice with beans and cheese... I didn't have the leafy salad cause I usually have that after the main part of the meal... But I was really full... I don't know why I don't have a salad. Usually I can eat that much and be fine but this time I had low appetite

Being in the UK, the earth rarely moves.

About 3 years ago, I was snuggled under the duvet just about to doze right off and I felt the bed move. Thought I was imagining it, dismissed it..."nah...can't of moved...don't be silly". I still checked under the bed to assure myself that the bed was OK and not on the verge of collapse or anything, walked around the room, put all the lights on in the flat (much to the annoyance of the fish)...checked everything....dismissed it....started mumbling to myself (as you do when on your own)..."you imagined it you silly moo...go back to bed". Snuggled back down under the duvet and drifted off to sleep.

Next morning the local newspaper reported that the city had felt the effects of a 3.9 earthquake 60 odd miles away.

Did the earth move?

Yes it flamin' well did...

Hey, back when superstition ruled you would have been the victim of a night demon...

I sometimes have lucid dreams, where my brain seems to consciously direct a dream, but the dream is surreal as any dream can be. If I am really tired and stressed they can be nightmarish, but most of the time they are just weird, long, convoluted 'stories'. I have a friend who says she constantly has lucid dreams, a few times a week.

There are so many reasons for sleep disturbance like that - with me, diet has had nothing to do with it. Stress has. Times of big changes, times of big questions to sort out - that kind of stress. Sometimes the brain keeps working when the rest of the body's resting.

Most people I've known who had similar dreams just learned to recognize what was going on and roll with it. Experience is a great calmer. Once you begin to understand you have these, you just say you had a wild one and move on with the day.

I sometimes have lucid dreams, where my brain seems to consciously direct a dream, but the dream is surreal as any dream can be. If I am really tired and stressed they can be nightmarish, but most of the time they are just weird, long, convoluted 'stories'. I have a friend who says she constantly has lucid dreams, a few times a week.
Its possible to make yourself lucid dream. I frequently have them and can do anything i want to in it

Its possible to make yourself lucid dream. I frequently have them and can do anything i want to in it
How?... I do kinda like having weird dreams... As long as they are not super scary lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back