The Creepiest Thing Happened to Me This Morning (logical explanation)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So... This literally happened right when I started to wake up... It was the strangest thing to ever happen. A combination of hearing voices, being paralyzed, and not being able to open my eyes... I was completely scared. So I had just had a strange dream about alien abductions for some reason and then I woke up... I knew I was awake. Then all of a sudden I felt a surge run through my body... It was a tingling feeling but it wasnt like where a body part is numb and unresponsive... It paralyzed me completely and the feeling went to my eyes and they felt as if they were being forced shut... Thats when it got really creepy, cause then I actually heard a voice in a deep, raspy tone say: "Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep". It kept repeating itself and the voice used my name as well. I fought the urge to sleep cause I was like: "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON"... I immediately attempted to sit up but I was still in a paralyzed state where I couldnt move... And my body still had that weird sensation... But I was able to sit up after multiple times of trying to move and I looked around trying to figure out what just happened... And no answer... Until now. I looked up "Hearing things when waking up"... There is something called sleep paralysis where when you sometimes wake up you can will be paralyzed and possibly hallucinate and hear things... Moral of the story is basically dont jump to conclusions of what you instantly think something may be... I know it sounds stupid but as it was all happening I seriously thought I was being abducted or something lol... I havent told my parents cause they'll freak out 😅

Saw a horror film like that once .. didn’t end well

Most likely lucid dreaming.

“A lucid dream is a type of dream in which the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, or environment; however, this is not actually necessary for a dream to be described as lucid.”

I’ve had several lucid dreams, they are kinda freaky.

What was the movie called and how did it end? They probably died...
I can’t remember what it’s called , basically they were having sleep paralysis and a demon kept coming when they couldn’t move n stuff , people die but the usual main people find a demon person hunter crap n beat it

Most likely lucid dreaming.

“A lucid dream is a type of dream in which the dreamer becomes aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, or environment; however, this is not actually necessary for a dream to be described as lucid.”

I’ve had several lucid dreams, they are kinda freaky.
Well I knew it wasnt a lucid dream when I basically went into seizure like state... I'm absolutely certain it was sleep paralysis. Because I was awake for an amount of time before going into this trance... I have had many lucid dreams and this was nothing like them. I was conscious BUT I couldnt see anything. I felt myself shaking and I had no control over movement. It was the most scary thing I have ever experienced since the car crash

I have these events quite often. They are crazy. I also get that weird jerk reflex just as you are about to fall asleep. Dreams about toes falling off or teeth falling out. I am a high functioning anxiety riddled human being. 🙃

I have these events quite often. They are crazy. I also get that weird jerk reflex just as you are about to fall asleep. Dreams about toes falling off or teeth falling out. I am a high functioning anxiety riddled human being. 🙃
I commonly have dreams where I die and I can feel not pain but a numbing spot wherever I got stabbed, shot, ect

I commonly have dreams where I die and I can feel not pain but a numbing spot wherever I got stabbed, shot, ect
That is crazy. Stress and brains don't mix.

I usually wake before I "die", unless I was going to be eaten by an animal/dinosaur/monster...not sure what that is about.

That is crazy. Stress and brains don't mix.

I usually wake before I "die", unless I was going to be eaten by an animal/dinosaur/monster...not sure what that is about.
I experience the death in my dreams usually... Thats why I hate any nightmare I have... One time I had a dream where this man was chasing me through a house with a butcher knife. He kept chasing me and I hid behind a couch. He then looked over the couch and he raised the knife and then chopped me on my face. I felt a weird surge through my face and neck of numbing and then my sight (in the dream) went black but then the dream always restarts itself which is where I begin becoming conscious of me actually being in a dream. That time I was just about to get out the door and then he killed me... Yah its not fun having the same nightmare over and over until you wake up... Very very scary

I know this is a serious thread but I’m trying to imagine the dream where a dinosaur eats you that’s a tramadol dream if I’ve had one , I know certain dreams can mean things apparently. Depending on your emotions etc

I know this is a serious thread but I’m trying to imagine the dream where a dinosaur eats you that’s a tramadol dream if I’ve had one , I know certain dreams can mean things apparently. Depending on your emotions etc
I dont know what that would be like... I will eat some pistachio ice cream and think about the Indoraptor when I go to bed

Most reactions

Back