Temperament

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tempestuousfury

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I bought a female dwarf goruami from Walmart a few days ago against my better judgement. It was a pretty healthy fish (compared to the others) and it was cheaper than Petsmart's prices.

It's silver, it doesn't have "drab" colors. I'm guessing it's still a female dwarf, though.

Anyhoo, I wanted to know what a male gourami's temperament is towards a female. I'm aware of what bettas are like, but from what I've read in books and signs at the store, gouramis like to swim in pairs. By pairs, I'm guessing a male and female gourami. If so, do they have to breed when together, because my 50 gallon isn't the best place for a bubblenest, and I'm not sure if I want to breed them (though I bought the female for future breeding purposes :D).

Thanks

mine get along ok, she keeps swimming by him, laying on her side and doing the "look at me, i'm pretty" thing, it's kinda funny to watch.but he's too dignified to notice.lol
other than that they get along great.when she gets older she'll have the stripes, just nowhere near as bright as his.

mine seem to be fine, at male does like to "Feel her up" quite often though, IMO, they are lovley, peacful fish

So there won't be any problems with them together? I'm aware that sh'll threaten the eggs, but that's about it then?

As for the stripes, I looked at her again, and I can see them, barely.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back