Tankmate Advice: Corys And What?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chelsiethegreat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
right now i have 4 emerald cory cats, and two juli cory cats. ideally i would like to acquire two more julis.. i'm just waiting on my local fish store at this point..

i have a 15 gallon tank.. all natural with a couple plants and a few nice peices of driftwood...

i would kindof like to get a larger loner fish.. who doesnt really bother my corys and just likes to be the king/queen of the tank.. 

most of my research points me to angels.. 

.. any other suggestions? please?

Angels need a 30 gallon tank so they are not going to work in your tank.  2 schools of cories are probably pushing your tank limits as it is as far as bottom feeders.  You would be better off with something like a dwarf gourmani and possibly just keeping your cories to the numbers they are if not trading in the 2 juli for 2 more emerald.

A betta could work just watch for aggression to the cories.  I was just trying to find something that wasn't a betta since all I ever recommend is bettas.  LOL  

I am wondering that too since I haven't seen that expression from anyone not from the southern part of the US.  I happen to use it ALL THE TIME. LOL    Good luck with the gourmani.  They are really nice fish!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back