Aqua}^>holic
๐Ÿ† Tank of the Year ๐Ÿ†
3x Fish of the Month ๐ŸŒŸ
4x Tank of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Reaction score
20190703_193158.jpg

Hi everyone,

Opinions please...

Felt i had too much blue in the back ground so i purchased some corkscrew vallis to grow and cover but didnt really do it for me so i got some lugwigia repens and some artificial ivy instead.

I quite like it but not sure if its to much...

What do you fellow fish lovers think? (Sorry pictures arent the best)
20190712_181716.jpg

Wow! Absolute stunning!

What are the plants all the way to the left, and right? :)

I like image #2. :)

And I like the 2 different colors of sand. :)

Wow! Absolute stunning!

What are the plants all the way to the left, and right? :)

I like image #2. :)

And I like the 2 different colors of sand. :)
Cheers buddy :)

The plants left to right on the back wall is the artificial ivy

First pic was good, second pic is actually better. Who would have thought :dunno:

So they are โ€œfakeโ€ plants? :)

So they are โ€œfakeโ€ plants? :)
Them ones are yes. Typically used for reptile tanks but they do a good job hiding my air lines and filter pipes etc

First pic was good, second pic is actually better. Who would have thought :dunno:

You mentioned before that duckweed was good for my rainbows Colin. Ive heard once you put this in your tank its difficult to get rid of it.

Is this true in your experience?

Last edited:
Where do you find those kind of fake plants? I really like them! :)

very nice!

Is that background painted on?

Where did you get that wood? I could probably make good use out of something like that.

very nice!

Is that background painted on?

Where did you get that wood? I could probably make good use out of something like that.
The blue background is like a form whats stuck on the back of the tank. It was already on the tank when i purchased it. Wasnt overly keen on it so covered with the plants.

Woods just driftwood i got from my LFS

If you are worried about duckweed spreading, put it in a breeding net. Normally the fish eat it all and you have to keep supplying it to them.

If you don't want a breeding net in the tank, you can make a loop out of pvc pipe, poly pipe or airline. Stick a suction cup to the inside of the tank and tie some string to the loop and suction cup. Put the duckweed in the loop and it will stay there.

If you are worried about duckweed spreading, put it in a breeding net. Normally the fish eat it all and you have to keep supplying it to them.

If you don't want a breeding net in the tank, you can make a loop out of pvc pipe, poly pipe or airline. Stick a suction cup to the inside of the tank and tie some string to the loop and suction cup. Put the duckweed in the loop and it will stay there.
Going to look into to that thanks. Ive got some goldfish flake for them to help with their diet but would like something more natural.

Could i just ask if there is any other suitable floating plant they can eat? And if i put duckweed in the tank it wont over feed the fish will it? (Do they just pick at it)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back