Tank size

I would say that for an oscar at least a 75 gallon tank to start off with and have plans to get a bigger one.

as for raising my own feeders I too also do that.

as for feeders not having any nutrional value I think that it is some stuff that a bleeding heart animal rights person has cooked up, I don't belive in telling others what to do when it comes to feeders. I personally feed them to some of my fish but it is my personal choice. if others don't want to feed them then it is their choice.

Just let me know

No need, I know that feeders are a great supplement provided that they come from a clean source (hence th reason I raise them myself).

No matter, they don't need feeders either, and we're both doing the best we can to the best of our knowledge :)

I have a feeling it would cause some problems because most people have these as pets

Kind of like the silver lyretail mollies that I use for feeders :p

***added*** I did not mean to sound like I was bossy and telling anyone what to do. I just have this habit of blurting things out without thinking about how it sounds, and doing it in a ... ummm .... point blank (?) way. Meaning I dont try to sugar coat and beat around the bush I just say what is on my mind. (being a parent of two I tend to have a bossy way of saying things .... I am just programed that way ) I did not mean to offend and will try and pay attention to the way I state things

I hope it wasn't me that you think you offended. I've gotten into trouble myself for the same reasons - but you know, I had to defend my opinion :D

baby electric yellows are what I use for my feeders!!!! mostly cause my pairs breeed like little rabbits

I sure hope to be raising my own feeders in the very near future. That would eliminate the need to quarantine my store bought feeders for weeks before I can feed them to my jag, gt, and oscar and jd.
Fingers crossed! If I can get this Texas healed up and take her back to the LFS, the next thing in that tank is hopefully a breeding pair of firemouths. Then the quarantine tank can be switched over for a possible breeding pair of sword tails.

Convicts are what I use as feeders. In the course of the past 3 weeks I now have over 200 fry growing out from 1 male and 2 female cons. Great fish, just add water and you're guaranteed fry it seems. Not to mention the fact that cons are such neat fish to keep and watch anyways :) They are very smart though and can elude being eaten for a very long time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back