Tank progress

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm going to record the progress of the set up of my new 10 gallon tank here, feel free to tune in!

I didn't have a 5 gallon bucket, but I did have a new unused trash can that I wiped down. It took me 5 trips but my tank is now full of crystal clear water! It's already much brighter than the area on my dresser, which I think Hank will be happy with. It's sparse right now since the rest of the gravel and his plants are in the tank he is in right now. I also plan on moving his filter to this tank while it dechlorinates since he will only be a little bit without it.

Attachments

• 20200417_163724.jpg
    20200417_163724.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 749
  • 20200417_163737.jpg
    20200417_163737.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
Looking great so far! I love the T-Rex cardboard cutout! :)

Heater and filter have been added! Exciting. I may move over one or two of Hank's plants because I think I read that they could help with the startup.

Attachments

• 20200417_172511.jpg
    20200417_172511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
The dino should be "rexy, the guardian angel of all things aquatic"

Emergency tank change in progress! Poor dude is probably a little stressed from the change of pace but I'm keeping a close eye on him for the rest of tonight. His tank seems bare so I'm now on the double lookout for plants, plus the ammonia strips!

I will admit, this is not Hank's best look. He seems duller today, even after finally being moved into the sunlight. Hopefully the new tank and a small feeding will perk him up.

Attachments

• 20200417_184035.jpg
    20200417_184035.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
  • 20200417_184043.jpg
    20200417_184043.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
He has an immediate interest in rock climbing and intimidating his own reflection I see :lol:

Edit: he has been in his new tank for less than an hour and so far he has attacked:
-the bubbles from his filter (through the cup)
-his own reflection
-the bubbles from his filter again (he lost)
-the roots of his leafy plant

This kid is a hoot

Attachments

• 20200417_190420.jpg
    20200417_190420.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
  • 20200417_190537.jpg
    20200417_190537.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Lol, I love him!

Is his name Hank? Or are you looking for a name for him?

I also love your new profile picture. He looks great. :good:

Lol, I love him!

Is his name Hank? Or are you looking for a name for him?

I also love your new profile picture. He looks great. :good:

His name is Hank S. Sushi! Variants include Hank and Mr. Sushi

And thank you! First pic I've gotten so far that really captures his shimmer. I'm so glad he perked up immediately after his tank change

His name is Hank S. Sushi! Variants include Hank and Mr. Sushi

And thank you! First pic I've gotten so far that really captures his shimmer. I'm so glad he perked up immediately after his tank change
I love his name! They tend to do that. I'm glad you are giving him a better life. :nod:

Aww thank you so much. That is my main goal here, to make it worth living with me and being my fish. I know I'm not the richest so his tank isn't as furnished as it could be, but by gosh if I don't have plans to make it so much better!

Honestly? This is the third day I've had this fish and I'm already so entranced. I've been sitting with him for hours since he was moved into this new tank, just watching. I know I say thank you like every thread but I really mean it. Thank you for helping me be the best owner I can be, and thank you for showing me how to keep him alive despite my struggles and lack of knowledge. I think I would be very sad and very fishless without the help of you guys. Thank you so much! :flowers::wub:d:D:friends:

I'm so glad he likes his new home! I do find myself sitting by my bettas tank, watching him at night. It is so peaceful. :)

It is absolutely peaceful. Last night after I moved him to his new tank I moved from my chair only one time until I went to bed, he was just so fun to watch! I wore out my phone battery showing him off to my friends (they all love him!) and today I'm going to be setting up a desk lamp for mornings and evenings for him since the light in his hood doesn't work. Should it be pointed directly at the tank, or off to the side in case it begins to heat? Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back