Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Marieukxx’s tank

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Smithrc’s tank

Votes: 38 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Send Ludwig a PM, I'm sure it's just a mistake, and I'm sure your entry will be submitted next month.

I have responded in Board announcement post:.... i.e.

Yep!..... My mistake Hayz.....I posted your picture in the competition, but did not list you in the voting poll.... Errors are bound to happen when you compile 3 competitions in one day (FOTM, TOTM and POTM) and then have to copy and paste some of the photos in your own pictures file..... and then move them to photo bucket and back to the poll thread because they are attachments and not in IMG format..... at the same time composing the threads for the new month competitions X 3... pin some, unpin others etc. etc...

I appologise for the oversight, but will enter you in the November 2011 TOTM (it's too late now to add you to the poll at this point as too many members have cast their votes already)....... Sorry for the inconvenience.

I reckon this poll would look very different if every tank had a black background

mine will be black when i can be bothered to pull the thing away from the wall and do it one weekend....so heavy though, even when drained well! :) and im still not 100% sure myself.

Send Ludwig a PM, I'm sure it's just a mistake, and I'm sure your entry will be submitted next month.

I have responded in Board announcement post:.... i.e.

Yep!..... My mistake Hayz.....I posted your picture in the competition, but did not list you in the voting poll.... Errors are bound to happen when you compile 3 competitions in one day (FOTM, TOTM and POTM) and then have to copy and paste some of the photos in your own pictures file..... and then move them to photo bucket and back to the poll thread because they are attachments and not in IMG format..... at the same time composing the threads for the new month competitions X 3... pin some, unpin others etc. etc...

I appologise for the oversight, but will enter you in the November 2011 TOTM (it's too late now to add you to the poll at this point as too many members have cast their votes already)....... Sorry for the inconvenience.
November? or October? i have to wait 2 months? hopefully my tank will have fishies in by then. s'ok...didnt stand a chance anyway!

StandbySetting’s tank has a very 'real' quality about it which I really like, I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's because the plant arrangement doesn't look at all contrived, combined with the absence of the usually ubiquitous black vinyl poster stuck on the back. Definite winner for me, regardless of the poll result.

Personally I think back grounds are terrible, not my cup of tea.

Yours is one of the better looking non background scapes I have seen recently, I just don't like being able to see equipment wherever possible.

By background do you mean a faux one or even plain black?

I paint mine black, nice and easy and then the attractiveness of the scape is purely down to decor.

Using a background to add depth to a scape that is lacking one I don't like either.

I don't like them full stop, for me I prefer a plain wall with back lighting, it looks pretty good, if I didn't have a radiator behind my tank I'd try it.

StandbySetting’s tank has a very 'real' quality about it which I really like, I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's because the plant arrangement doesn't look at all contrived, combined with the absence of the usually ubiquitous black vinyl poster stuck on the back. Definite winner for me, regardless of the poll result.
Thanks very much

Paint a board White and have it behind the tank, touching at the top but a couple of inches away at the bottom with a light source on the gap ;-)

Personally I think back grounds are terrible, not my cup of tea.

Standby I love your tank but think it would look loads better with a background. Its all personal taste though

I was about to vote Tizers till I saw Smiths which edges it for me

If there were a prize for best photo of the month, then Smithrc's would win by a country mile. But it's Tank of the Month, therefore Tizer for me, great aquascape, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back