🐠 TOTM VOTE NOW: May 2026 Tank of the Month Contest (31 gallons and larger)

Vote Now: May 2026 Tank of the Month


  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

connorlindeman32 32

Plantman
Fish of the Month 🌟
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Supporting Member ⭐
📋 Contest Moderator
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Messages
5,317
Reaction score
6,460
Points
113
Location
37.2431° N, 115.7930° W
tankofthemonth-img.jpg


:big_boss:​

Please Vote Now
We have 4 great tanks entered in Fishforums' May 2026 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger! View both the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.
If you wish, you may vote for yourself.


Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in their profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on May 18 at 2:40 P.M (ET).
 
Last edited:
IMG_0338.jpeg
My nano fish in not-such-a-nano tank…..55g. When my 65g tank developed a leak last winter, I virtually transferred everything to the 55g in one fell swoop. The system/these fish has been running for 3 years or so.
WATER: 78degrees, pH 7.8, GH and KH 2-5, NO3 5-20, 1 Hygger air stone, 2 Fluval AC 110 HOBs with filter pad baffles and pre-filter sponges. The filter pad baffles at the HOB outlets helps keep water current manageable for the nano fish.
LIGHTING: 48” ZooMed AquaEffects
FOODS: First Bytes, Hikari Fancy Guppy, Omega crushed flakes, Cobalt crushed flakes, Aqueon Shrimp Pellets (for the Corycats), and Hikari Micro-pellets. Feed once daily with sporadic skippings.
DECOR: black blasting sand, resin wood pieces, plants(plastic)..Underwater Treasures Green Diandra
WC Schedule: 40% done each 14-20 days with substrate vacuuming
FISH:
15 Trigonostigma espei, Lambchop Rasboras
7 Hemigrammus rodwayi, Gold Tetras
8 Paracheirodon simulans, Green Neon Tetras
5 Puntius aureus, Golden Dwarf Barbs,
8 Subndadanio axelrodi, Blue Neon Rasboras
12 Boraras brigittae, Chili Rasboras
2 Pristela maxillaris, Pristela Tetras
4 Hoplisoma paleatus, Peppered Corycats
***** I realize this has artificial plants/wood. I used to love doing the live plants, but after introducing a pathogen via plants years ago causing major issues, I have veered away from live. Also, my lighting schedule has freedom in that I don’t have lengthy lights on or high intensity lighting, algae issues, ferts, and (besides Hygrophyla angustiflora), I am not the best plant caretaker guy…..although my yard is full of healthy plants I tend to.
***** Note, the required handwritten note for validation is at lower left of tank…..kinda hard to see.
*****Watching many colorful small/tiny fish swim around in a larger tank is SO enjoyable. More than half the fish are actually tiny which helps keep my bio load decent.
 
Last edited:
20260504_142550.webp

Dimensions of the tank is 133cm x 61cm x 44cm. Volume 345 liters cement wall tank with front glass-wall.
The discus are 1 and 1/2 years old and co-existing with bosemani rainbows, cardinal tetras, SAE, neo-caradina shirmps and trumpet snails.

The tank has an established eco-system after the addittion of neo-caradina shirmps and siamese alage eaters to minimise all types of algae blooms.

Plants
• Cryptocoryne
• Rotala macrandra green
• Cuba
• Pogostomon
• Pothos
• Hydrilla

Water Parameters
• Ph 6 - 7
• Temp. 29c
• Dechlorinated tap water

Low tech tank with double tubeline air-pums, gravel filters 12 inch x 12 inch Filter plates and a sponge filter regular size. DIY canister sump filter 2000 lph with filter media above the fish tank.

The pothos plant pots which were placed on top of the filter containers killed all green surface algae inside the filter containers. Nowthey have grown in to the aquarium falling from top of the pots into the fish tank and helped with the nitrofication cycle.
Stable lighting 80 cm aibao LED submersible light × 2 along with a auto analog thermometer.

50% water change is done every once a week or fortnight (because the tank eco-system does the heavy loading). Glass wall is cleaned every water change.
Feeding happens daily.

Fish Foods products
Beefheart homemade discus food.
 

Attachments

  • 20260504_142730.webp
    20260504_142730.webp
    350 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_4273.webp

I returned to fish keeping about six years ago with a single 6 gallon cube tank that I started a shrimp colony in. Fast forward and I’m up to six tanks. 🙄

This is my largest, a 50 gallon breeder that I set up in January. I like a lot of small fish in a large space so it’s stocked with Harlequin, Strawberry, and Chili Rasbora, Ember Tetra, Kuhli loach, and three species of Hoplisoma: Panda, habrosus, and adolfoi. I have a huge number of Red Rili Neocaridinia, three Bamboo shrimp, and one incredibly hilarious Amano shrimp. Many of these came out of my 20G, which I turned into a Hillstream loach tank.

Filter is a Fluval 407 canister plus an AQQA air pump for a couple of airstones to make extra current for my filter feeders. I do a large water change (remineralized RO/DI) about every ten days because I believe in fresh air and sunshine. I’ve only just started using fert tabs due to the sand substrate.

I feed a variety of thawed frozen, some live food, and some flake and pellet food. I have Fluval plant lighting on all of my tanks and I was able to plant this tank by taking plants from my other established tanks, well I did buy a couple three sword plants, my favorite one is Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl.

The tank lights come on before sunup during the winter time and I like nothing better than watching everyone wake up while having my morning coffee. I drop in some sinking pallets and watch the catfish go ham. That sends food particles into the water column and the bamboo shrimp take it from there. Sometimes I target feed the Bamboos with small live food, they are a lot of fun to watch.

Another great plant is Cryptocoryne costata, that’s the tall one on the right side. It’s easy to grow and spreads by runners, but it doesn’t really get out of hand. If you can find it, buy it!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4425.webp
    IMG_4425.webp
    481.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_3602.webp

This is my 170l tank. It has a Marina CF 60 filter and some cheap light on Amazon that seems to do the trick. I got the tank a filter second hand for about £80 ($110) then the light for about £60. It has been going for about 3 months and is kept at 24 degrees Celsius.
Inhabitants:
6 amano shrimp
6 swordtails
8 zebra danios
4 guppies
1 BN pleco
6 nerite snails
And a load more fry that I can’t be bothered to count
Maybe 1000 tiny bladder snails
Plants:
*If I am honest, I went on the internet and bought all the plants that looked good so I don’t know all the names but I do know most of them.
Pearlweed
Java fern (multiple varieties)
Mosses I can’t remember the names of
Anubias nana coin
Bolbitis
1 tiny bucephalandra
Crypts
Bacopa caroliniana
Some floating plant I picked up from the shop that is growing like mad
Rotala rotundifolia
Hygrophila polysperma
And probably a couple I have forgotten about.
I haven’t gone with any theme or biotope as I’m sure you can see, I just got a load of stuff that I thought looked good and put it in a glass box and I am satisfied with the result.
I feed: tetra min flakes, algae wafers, fluval sinking bug bites, tetra algae multi crisps and a selection of frozen food like brine shrimp and bloodworms.
I also dose once a week with API leaf zone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Please scroll up as you review the four awesome entries, and then in the poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for Tank of the Month. Be sure to click the CAST button to register your vote. Good luck to all our entrants.
 
Right now only 2 votes separate our top two tanks. Vote now to help decide our winner!
 
After you place your vote, consider entering our Pet of the Month contest. Its free!
 
Just a few hours till voting ends.
If you have already voted, consider entering this Months Pet of the Month contest.
 
I had to vote for the last aquarium as it's grown in and looks finished. I nearly went for the discus one because those fish are absolutely stunning.They really do pop but this is about aquariums and not fish really.
All excellent entrees
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top