🐠 TOTM VOTE NOW: October 2026 Tank of the Month Contest (17-30 US Gallons)

Vote Now: October 2026 Tank of the Month

  • Fishmanic

  • gwand

  • BullTerrierChild

  • Jennet


Results are only viewable after voting.

connorlindeman38 38

Plantman
Fish of the Month 🌟
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Supporting Member ⭐
📋 Contest Moderator
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Messages
5,320
Reaction score
6,462
Points
113
Location
37.2431° N, 115.7930° W


tankofthemonth-img.jpg



:big_boss:​
Please Vote Now
We have 4 great tanks entered in Fishforums' October 2026 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17-30 US gallons. View both the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.
If you wish, you may vote for yourself.


Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in their profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on October 18 at 10:30 A.M (ET)
 
Last edited:
My 29 gallon tank
IMG_1630.webp

​
Stocking
4 Black Skirt Tetra
1 Bolivian Ram
1 Peppered Cory
10 juvenile and 1 adult BN Pleco

Plantings
All are anubias...initially planted 10 years ago

Hardscape:
Several rocks
2 homemade platform "caves" .... flagstone on a rock base.
Malaysian driftwood

Maintenance and Hardware
60% Water changes performed every two weeks
Large sponge filter on right
Marineland 200 Biowheel filter: I modified media to one large pore sponge and a layer of filter floss.... clean sponge monthly and replace floss at that time
Air bubbler on left side
Danner 2 port adjustable air pump to run bubbler and sponge filter
150 watt heater
Fluorescent 6k spectrum light fixture controlled by smart plug

Feeding
Omega One flakes
Hikari Algae wafers
Bug Bites
Frozen Brine Shrimp as occasional treat
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1620.webp
    IMG_1620.webp
    438.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
IMG_4129.webp
This is my 29 gallon community tank established two years ago. Starting at the top, the rim has a series of Pothos plants growing aquaponically. On each end of the tank are Tidal 35 HOB filters. Across the top of the tank is a Nicrew LED light fixture. Hanging on the back wall of the tank is an air stone bubbler and a 200 watt Olushy heater. The substrate is black sand hosting Amazon swords, Anubias and guppy grass. There are several white rocks. The fish are all male sex including 6 dwarf coral platy, an all red ocular albino sword, a gold ocular albino sailfin Molly, four T. Chuna and two guppies. I perform 50% water changes every week. This is a colorful and peaceful aquarium. I can spend considerable time observing it. It is a meditative experience.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4131.webp
    IMG_4131.webp
    254.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_5929.webp
Here is my first fish tank! It is a 29-gallon Aqueon aquarium which I put a lot of time and money into restoring. My original setup contained large pieces of white gravel with plastic plants, and it was always quite stocked. However, after I received my 75-gallon tank, I slowly put less attention towards this one, including the halting of fish purchasing for it. The light eventually grew very dim and I was left with 5 bottom dwellers, which I rarely saw.

During July, I made my move and relocated the 5 resident fish to another active tank while I began the process of cleaning the glass, fixing the lights, and buying materials. I started by popping out the lights on the lid, sanding the plastic down, and adding a pair of unused strip lights that came with my 75-gallon setup with gorilla glue gel. I then cleaned down the tank and purchased a black background.

As for the interior of the tank, I added about 60-70 pounds of play sand over a spread-out bedding of 2 Fluval Stratum bags, and many plants including 2 Asian Water Fern, 1 amazon sword, and a species of plant gifted to me (I don't know the name). I also added 2 pieces of driftwood (one new and one existing) and numerous rocks, all of which are from outside (and also washed).

The inhabitants are as follows:

Blue Panaque Pleco
Upside-Down Synodontis
Siamese Algae Eater
Sterba's Corydora x3
Pictus Catfish x3
Giant Danio x4
Empire Gudgeon x4
Zebra Acara x2
Spiny Loach x2

I am aware that some of these fish may need to move to my larger tank if the time comes.

This tank was designed to hold burrowing fish while simultaneously allow plants to safely root and thrive. I hope to acquire small hogchokers, peacock eels, and hingemouth fish in the future.

Thanks for taking a look, and good luck to everybody!

(I just realized that photo 2 makes my gudgeon appear to be ill/deceased. I can confirm that they are healthy to my knowledge. I am assuming that they are top dwellers or are looking for food/exploring, as they spend a large amount of time near the surface but show no signs of illness. I will keep an eye out.)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5930.webp
    IMG_5930.webp
    381.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
OK1.webp


IMG20261005123843.webp


My 80 litre / 21 gallons​

8 Chili Rasbora
12 Neon Green Rasbora
4 Celestial Pearl Danio
3 Corydora (Brochis Sodalis)

Sword plant
Anubia barteri
Rubra Red Tiger bulb
Alternanthera cardinalis
Eleocharis Acicularis (in sand part)
Tiny pink plant (front of sand) forgotten name of

Wood that is currently held down by a stone as not waterlogged sufficiently yet
¾ Pea gravel (well tumbled, not sharp)
¼ Sand

Approx 40% water change weekly

Sorry about bad photo, use old camera phone and I cannot stay steady without something to rest on.
 
Please scroll up as you review the four awesome entries, and then in the poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for Tank of the Month. Be sure to click the CAST button to register your vote. Good luck to all our entrants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top