Tank No. 2 - 60 Litre

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'll have to make a conscious choice to try and use them as much as possible then... My duckweed's been stuck in the post with Royal Mail since the 10th.
Ouch! I doubt there'll be much left when it finally gets to you.

They cost a few quid more than Royal Mail, but it's worth every penny. If your supplier offers DPD delivery I'd definitely take up the action. You can download their app and track the parcels progress. On the day of delivery, you're given a 1 hour delivery time slot.

Ouch! I doubt there'll be much left when it finally gets to you.

They cost a few quid more than Royal Mail, but it's worth every penny. If your supplier offers DPD delivery I'd definitely take up the action. You can download their app and track the parcels progress. On the day of delivery, you're given a 1 hour delivery time slot.
Ooh, that's super good! I'll definitely look into it.

Day 1 Update

Today I bought my 3rd tank - a Ciano Aqua LED 60 litre - 60cm x 30cm x 33.5cm.

After watching countless youtube videos on hardscape/aquascaping, I have decided to use rock in this tank. I have picked out a natural sand for the substrate.

The plan is to again use live plants, but it won't be as heavily planted as my main tank. I have ordered the plants and they should be turning up next week.

I will be following the silent cycle process once again.

Stocking wise, I know that I'd like Corydoras. But I'm not sure on the specific species. Do you have any recommendations?

View attachment 132853
Damn son, diving in head first huh.

Looking good that. Keep us posted.

It's the only way I know!

Just keep checking in to make sure I haven't drowned.
Haha..
This may come in handy
20210329_145826.jpg

Day 1 Update

Today I bought my 3rd tank - a Ciano Aqua LED 60 litre - 60cm x 30cm x 33.5cm.

After watching countless youtube videos on hardscape/aquascaping, I have decided to use rock in this tank. I have picked out a natural sand for the substrate.

The plan is to again use live plants, but it won't be as heavily planted as my main tank. I have ordered the plants and they should be turning up next week.

I will be following the silent cycle process once again.

Stocking wise, I know that I'd like Corydoras. But I'm not sure on the specific species. Do you have any recommendations?

View attachment 132853
i like spotted cories... probably too "low" for a tank like that tho

Day 3 Update

The live plants turned up today and the scape went okish!

I cleaned the plants, positioned the plants where I wanted and then sat back and admired my handiwork. I then started to add water, but as the sand got wet it also started to sink. My dragon stone fell over onto my plants. The plants that weren't buried by dragon stone started floating.

Attempt two went better and everything is now in place.

However, the tank is still very cloudy after 5-6 hours. I'm going to assume this is because I am using sand as my substrate, as I didn't have this issue with my main tank. Does a tank with sand substrate take longer to settle down?

Here it is as of 10 minutes ago.

IMG_0789.jpg

Day 3 Update

The live plants turned up today and the scape went okish!

I cleaned the plants, positioned the plants where I wanted and then sat back and admired my handiwork. I then started to add water, but as the sand got wet it also started to sink. My dragon stone fell over onto my plants. The plants that weren't buried by dragon stone started floating.

Attempt two went better and everything is now in place.

However, the tank is still very cloudy after 5-6 hours. I'm going to assume this is because I am using sand as my substrate, as I didn't have this issue with my main tank. Does a tank with sand substrate take longer to settle down?

Here it is as of 10 minutes ago.

View attachment 133074
My first experience with sand was hell. Big dips where I'd just recklessly dumped the water in, unrooted plants, the works. It should clear up soon...

My first experience with sand was hell. Big dips where I'd just recklessly dumped the water in, unrooted plants, the works. It should clear up soon...
I turned a bowl upside down on the sand and poured the water onto that, it actually helped quite a lot. But I still managed to cause a big mess!

I’ll see how it looks tomorrow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back