Tank No. 2 - 60 Litre

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looking great! Did you rinse the sand before adding it to the tank? I am probably very lucky I have never had a problem with my sand

When I added extra sand to my tank it went cloudy. I put a spare small internal filter filled with filter wool in the tank and they helped clear it up.

Thankfully the tank has settled down over night. It's looking much clearer this morning.

I've got a few fast growing plants in there, but not a lot. I'll transfer some of the anacharis from the main tank once that's cycled, so help with this tanks cycle.

Day 24 Update

The tank is now fully cycled. I have been dosing with 2ppm ammonia for the last 3 weeks. Ammonia and Nitrite both read 0ppm after 24 hours and Nitrate is currently reading 10ppm.

I have also upgraded the filter to an Eheim Pickup 60 as it has adjustable flow, the model that came with the tank wasn't.

The monte carlo carpet plant has been growing really nicely. But it hasn't spread as much as I'd hoped. Can I trim the monte carlo and then replant the trimmings?

This tank will be home to a stunning Betta, arriving tomorrow. He is a Copper Black Butterfly Crowntail. I would also like to add a group of 6-8 Pygmy Corys to the tank. What's everybody's opinion on this?

Here's the main man:

IMG_0927.PNG

IMG_0928.PNG

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back