Tank Dividers

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
One of my quarantines has a female krib and 2 male gouramis in. The female krib is bullying the gouramis terribly, but I can't move her - they all need the same med right now. So I'd like to put a tank divider in to give them some peace, but I understand this needs to be made out of something that will allow the water to flow through, right? Cos otherwise the half without the heater will get colder etc? I've never seen dividers at my lfs but am gonna go ask about them - but if they don't stock them, can i make one? Or is there somewhere online where I can purchase them?
 
One of my quarantines has a female krib and 2 male gouramis in. The female krib is bullying the gouramis terribly, but I can't move her - they all need the same med right now. So I'd like to put a tank divider in to give them some peace, but I understand this needs to be made out of something that will allow the water to flow through, right? Cos otherwise the half without the heater will get colder etc? I've never seen dividers at my lfs but am gonna go ask about them - but if they don't stock them, can i make one? Or is there somewhere online where I can purchase them?

Most good LFS stock them, or there's always good old Ebay :good:
 
Also make sure that the dividers are flush against the wall of the tank, otherwise small or slender fish can get through them!
 
cheapest way is a piece of plastic aida which is used for cross stitching and can be found in places like hobby craft bought by the roll or by the sheet :)
 
Thanks everyone! Things appear to have calmed down in the tank now, will keep an eye on them though :)
I will buy some plastic aida very soon so I have it ready if I need it!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top