Tank after disease

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RenC

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I cleared my fish of disease (yay!!!) Do you guys recommend leaving the tank as is since they’re better and I dosed the water. Or should I move my fish to a small tank (4gal) for the day and do a thorough cleaning of the decor and gravel where I rinsed the gravel in boiling water and all the decor and wiped down the inside of the tank? I’d keep most of the water (siphoned into a water jug) that way my cycle won’t be completely thrown off. Or I could just do a gravel siphon, water change, and a hot water rinse for all decor. What would you all recommend?

what were you treating the fish for?

normally you just leave the tank running and do daily water changes and gravel cleans for a week to remove any chemical medications you used.

what were you treating the fish for?

normally you just leave the tank running and do daily water changes and gravel cleans for a week to remove any chemical medications you used.
A bacterial infection and ich. And okay! That makes life a bit easier

If you are treating for white spot, make sure you keep the medication in the tank for at least 4 days (preferably 1 week) after all the white spots have gone.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back