Tail-less Lucky's Progress Photos

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BettaMomma

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I decided to just open up a new topic on Lucky's progress.
If you don't know his story, here is the entire topic:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=83307

Day One:
luckyTail.jpg

Day Two:
luckyTail1.jpg

Day Four:
regrow3.jpg

Day 5: (ADDED 3/28/05)
day5Lucky.jpg

Day 7: (ADDED 3/30/05)
luckyTailDay7.jpg

Day 9: (ADDED 4/1/05)
luckyTailDay9.jpg

Day 12: (ADDED 4/4/05) (thought I'd include a full-on shot of him today!):
AprilLucky.jpg

Day 15: (ADDED 4/7/05):
LuckyTail15.jpg

DAY 16: (ADDED 4/8/05):
Lucky10.jpg

(it's starting to look like a real tail again!)
DAY 22: (ADDED 4/14/05):
day22.jpg

DAY 34: (ADDED 4.25/05):
day34.jpg

DAY 55: (ADDED 5/16/05):
luckyMay.jpg

DAY... UM... I have no idea lol (ADDED 6/9/05):
JuneLucky.jpg

I'll keep em coming as the days go by :)

Oh, and on day #4, he decided to jump OUT of his tank while I was water changing him, and promptly disappeared down the drain. I *very calmly* ripped the piping off the wall to get him loose and put him back into his tank. He seems fine, but we'll see.

JEEZ.

lol this is why we always plug the drain ;).

this is why u dont take your fish into the bathroom to begin with:p haha i would ahve been flipping out :S wow, its healing? i thoght it was alredy healed over, it must have been something that happend reasently, i dont think another betta could do that, some mean asshole maybe.. :grr: id dis-embowl the jerk who thinks he can do that to a liveing creature :angry:

Wow! I'd never have thought his tail would grow back, but it looks like it just might!! Great work helping him recover, BettaMomma :D

He's exponentially lucky after the fiasco today.
At home, I ALWAYS cover my drains with not only the drain plug but with a towel also. I never in a bazillion years thought he (or ANY fish, for that matter) could ever jump that high. Guess without that extra weight hooked on (the tail) he can really fly. lol

Yep, this is probably the little stroke of (bad) luck I needed to make me stop doing water changes where the fish have to come out.

I noticed after his drain surfing that he had some red dots at the end of his new tail growth. Man, I really hope this stupid episode doesn't slow down his tail.

UUgh.

GuppyDude said:
:grr: id dis-embowl the jerk who thinks he can do that to a liveing creature :angry:
Oh, trust me, I'm going to start doing some phonecalling soon to see if I can trace where this fish came from, and at what point he would have to have had his tail butchered off. And by who.

I'll be sure to let ya know if I figure out that someone did this on purpose.
:grr:

There will be some hell to pay....

lol...I think they deserve it.
His tail seems to be growing fast :nod: That is so great. I hope it keeps progressing...and keep us posted as it does.

Okay, he's flipping out.
I was just sitting here typing away at my desk and I hear a crash - looked over and he had swam so fast that he rammed his face into the side of his tank.
And every once in a while he just starts flipping around.
I suppose his nerves and stuff are starting to grow again and it probably hurts him like heck.

I have this really strong urge to go to WM right now and hurt someone.
LOL

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back