Tail-less Lucky's Progress Photos

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

i would love to see luckies tail grow back, he seems to ahve teh right persanality and careing owner so i guess i wont eb surprised if in a month he had a tail again ;)

I purchased a young Delta male of approximately 3 months old from a LFS that was missing all but two or three tiny fragments of his tail. He's been living with me for over a month now, and his tail has grown to rather an impressive length now with a superdelta spread I hadn't thought he could attain before. His story? The fish store actually got him in that way, and the believed cause was being pulled from his grow-out tank a little too late. He and two of his brothers all arrived at the store with various amounts of fin damage, including more than one mostly missing caudal. Two of the boys live with me, and another lives with a friend of mine. I'm happy to report that, after a month of care, they are all thriving. Bettas are such tough fish!

I agree - they are very tough fish.
IF he grows a tail back after having it completely removed AND taking a trip down the drain, he'll be my little miracle boy.

:)

Lucky's a pretty stubborn little boy. He doesn't seem to let anything really bother him, does he? He'll grow that tail back, and I'm sure it'll be just GORGEOUS.

Sooooooo.... that makes me know that somewhere in the timeframe of the 19, 20 or 21 when it happened.
I'm going to get back w/the fish dept manager @ WM tomorrow and find out if she knows the route they take to get to the store. I WILL get to the bottom of it. Even if it was a freak accident where he wound up in a container with another fish who ripped it off, it still torks me off that it happened!
Wow,BMom, the new growth is amazing,you're obviously doing something right :thumbs: It's just such a clean cut though, something happened to him. I wonder if maybe he got it pinned between the cup and the lid somehow,like maybe someone cupped him too fast and didn't pay attention ..and cut it off. Hmm.

wuvmybetta said:
Sooooooo.... that makes me know that somewhere in the timeframe of the 19, 20 or 21 when it happened.
I'm going to get back w/the fish dept manager @ WM tomorrow and find out if she knows the route they take to get to the store. I WILL get to the bottom of it. Even if it was a freak accident where he wound up in a container with another fish who ripped it off, it still torks me off that it happened!
Wow,BMom, the new growth is amazing,you're obviously doing something right :thumbs: It's just such a clean cut though, something happened to him. I wonder if maybe he got it pinned between the cup and the lid somehow,like maybe someone cupped him too fast and didn't pay attention ..and cut it off. Hmm.
I'm pretty sure the caustic trip down the drain pipe was especially helpful.. LOL
I'm just keeping his water sparkly clean and keeping some salt in the tank.
He's a great guy :wub:

Looking good! You're doing him right - clean water, a healthy, varied diet, and plenty of TLC. :thumbs:

congrats, you are doing a great job and i wish every fishkeeper out there cared as much as you do .... *insert pat-on-the-back smiley here* :clap:

Wow, great progress, are there medications in the water, or is he just recieving some TLC? :p

Me and a friend snatched away a betta who had NO finds what-so-ever because he was in a BARB tank in some LFS. I happened to be on my way to work, so I brought him to work with me (irnoically i work at a LFS) and my manager pulled me to the back, and we gave him a new home :) So now he's getting his fins back too, his entire fins along his body look like Lucky's tail. So now he's making bubble nests galore.. A lot of our customers heard about him, and saw him, and a lot of them want him because he's just a miracle.. buuut, i think I want him, simply because I fell inlove with him. Lucky's also a miracle, with that much fin loss.. you'd think there'd be no way out of it. Congrats with the rapid growth, you're doing a great job.

wuvmybetta said:
Reading up on the thread, I was considering that too, or he could have been in a community tank with some fin nippers? but why'd they just get his tail?

abstract said:
congrats, you are doing a great job and i wish every fishkeeper out there cared as much as you do .... *insert pat-on-the-back smiley here* :clap:
I just felt like nobody else would want "that disgusting little thing"... ya know?
I didn't even think about it - I knew I had to have him :wub:

Dane said:
Wow, great progress, are there medications in the water, or is he just recieving some TLC? :p

Me and a friend snatched away a betta who had NO finds what-so-ever because he was in a BARB tank in some LFS. I happened to be on my way to work, so I brought him to work with me (irnoically i work at a LFS) and my manager pulled me to the back, and we gave him a new home :) So now he's getting his fins back too, his entire fins along his body look like Lucky's tail. So now he's making bubble nests galore.. A lot of our customers heard about him, and saw him, and a lot of them want him because he's just a miracle.. buuut, i think I want him, simply because I fell inlove with him. Lucky's also a miracle, with that much fin loss.. you'd think there'd be no way out of it. Congrats with the rapid growth, you're doing a great job.
No meds in the water at all.
In fact, he's overdue for a waterchange - gonna happen today.
So, it's just sparkly clean water, a pinch of salt and some stress coat.
Working wonders.

And yeah, I'm wondering too why, if he had some sort of horiffic fight or accident why are none of his other fins disturbed.

Oh well. I guess we'll never know.
I'm going to post a progress pic again for day #7 in a bit.
It's growing like mad! :)

Most reactions

Back