Tae Kwon Do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Good thing about judo is that you learn to fall properly - unlike many other martial arts. It's a pretty good all rounder and will build you up. As for punching stuff - the style I do is semi-contact so I rarely strike anything without pads on - unless I am doing some destruction stuff. Most of my attacks are kicks anyway.

If you look carefully, you can find a martial art that suits you and your needs. Check out your local TAGB school and watch a sessions to see if you like it

hi, i think i'll ask my dad, and if i'm allowed, then i'll research some and see which i prefer. my brother might start too if we're allowed. about how much do the lessons cost?

cheers :good:

At my club, it's £5 per session or £30 per month. As there are up to 12 sessions per week, that's just over £2 per session.

Check out TAGB to find your nearest club

I Do W T F Tae Kwon Do.
Im Currently A Green-White But Will Probably test for my green this week (i couldnt go to my dojang's testing so i have to do make-up testing)
my structure is
White
Yellow White
Yellow
Green White
Green
Blue White
Blue
Red White
Red
Red Black
Black
and ace for strength and fitness you wanna do a cardio sport like kickboxing
i strongly suggest MMA and you dont really have to have a partner right?
and if you can go to a MMA gym owned with a pro
i went to team quest (USA) for a year and it's owned by Dan Henderson And had other Pros Coming In ALL the time.
definitely a big difference in knowledge and skill if you can get trained by pros

I Do W T F Tae Kwon Do.
Im Currently A Green-White But Will Probably test for my green this week (i couldnt go to my dojang's testing so i have to do make-up testing)
my structure is
White
Yellow White
Yellow
Green White
Green
Blue White
Blue
Red White
Red
Red Black
Black
and ace for strength and fitness you wanna do a cardio sport like kickboxing
i strongly suggest MMA and you dont really have to have a partner right?
and if you can go to a MMA gym owned with a pro
i went to team quest (USA) for a year and it's owned by Dan Henderson And had other Pros Coming In ALL the time.
definitely a big difference in knowledge and skill if you can get trained by pros

Dan Henderson, awesome! :)

Well you don't need one, but everyone does for sparring, general move practising etc.

I started by going on my own - you soon find who you like to spar with / train with. Good for widening your friendship circle too!

I think Tae Kwon Do is to flashy for me and ineffective.

I do Muay Thai (dutch k-1 style), 7 years boxing, Judo and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.

I did but Wadryu and Shotokan when i was younger also but again, i prefer more aggressive styles.

Every system has a weakness due to its very nature as a system. However, there are some really good applications from moves within patterns. Of course W T F and ITF are completely different so it is somewhat naive to disregard one system as ineffective.

Yes but people suit styles, i am a rangey striker, and have long enough limbs to commit body triangles from the guard.

My passion is MMA tho, and other than the occasional crazy move from Anderson Silva, the style is not aggressive enough to compete in MMA.

I have doing Taekwondo for 7 years. its a great sport. and its fun.
P.S Im 1st degree Black Belt

i have been doin muay thai for a couple of months now. best thing i ever did. been thinkin about doin MMA but would rathere be able to fight muay thai then just train MMA. it dose help alot havin a pro to train ya when i first started the main man was away. its so much better havin him there.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back