Tae Kwon Do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stoneagedinosaur

Fishaholic
Reaction score
How do folks

Anyone else do Tae Kwon Do here? I am hopefully going for my black belt in a month (as long as my injury from pre-grading clears up!)

I practise ITF style (as opposed to the w style like they do in the olympics) with the TAGB in the UK. Would be good to know if there are any other TAGB members on here

my 9 year old bro does it her a red and black belt and should get his black belt this year.

My mate is a black belt in it, not sure on the structure of the belts. Think its first dan black belt so black belt red tag maybe? all i know is hes black belt and has a different gi to everyone else because of it (well except other black belts obviously!) :lol:

I went once and absolutely hated it, think part of the reason was we were in with the kids doing the training and stuff, felt a bit of an idiot tbh. Been doing aikido since novemeber though and love it. Fancy giving another martial art a go though, just not sure what.

i wish i had started a martial art when i was younger, but at 14 i'm too old to start now. :(

cheers :good:

i wish i had started a martial art when i was younger, but at 14 i'm too old to start now. :(

you are kidding..right?

if youre too old, where the heck does that leave me
cry1.gif
not that i intended to take up tae kwon do anytime soon.. my dad was a black belt and it looked like too much hard work for me :lol:

you`re never too old too do anything that you want to do.. certainly not at your age
good.gif

Go for it if you get into it, it will change your life so much :good:

You are definitely not to old.

Good luck

Onebto

lol, man. that's the daftest thing i have ever heard. i started Judo at 20. two years later, and my biggest achievement in judo, i took third in the over 95kg at the Juresy OPEN championships. (BJA) beating two black belts on the way, as i recall, i was a yellow belt. (i never saw the point of doing gradings, i was there for the fight/competition. oh yeah, and the booze after training).

imo, if you take up tae Kwon Do at 50. you will still benefit immeasurably.

thanks, my dad did judo, and he said that you need to start younger than i am to get any good. only problem at the minute is that i've got a tumour in my neck, so i have to be careful. :grr:

Bummer dude. Judo is my next martial art. I'm pretty confident that I could win most confrontations on my feet, but when it goes to the floor - I'm in trouble. You should look into tai chi. It looks a bit naff but I've seen it applied in combat and it's AWESOME!

cool, i was thinking of something more like karate, as it looks pretty cool, but i don't think punching things too often is a good idea as i play piano and violin. and i broke my hand last year, so i don't want to damage it again. it would be really good to do a martial art, but i don't think that my parents will pay for lessons.

14 isnt to old to get any good my mate started judo about 3 months ago i think hes a yellow belt and he went to a comp in belgium a few days ago and came 2nd and he was fighting against black belts.

cool, i think i'll ask my dad if i can start something. i might have a chance, as he did judo, so he must like martial arts. once he was teaching me and my brother how to brake each others arms lol. we didn't try it properly though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back