Syphoning.

Joshwainwright

I take my fish for walks
Global Moderator ⚒️
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Location
GB
Hey, I'm thinking about getting some more tanks and putting them in my converted attic...

How would I be able to get the water from the bathroom to the attic?
Can I siphon up-hill?
 
I've heard of a new invention called a bucket, apparently a few people use it and it does the job quite well. The inventor even intended it for carrying water.
 
And ive heard a thing called difficulty, id do it if i have to but if theres a easy option...
 
I've heard of a new invention called a bucket, apparently a few people use it and it does the job quite well. The inventor even intended it for carrying water.

Sorry but that just made me laugh, bit harsh though
 
i thought that was a bit harsh. what a ####.

josh, look at buying a pump like an eheim compact, then get some hose that will fit and you can pump it from a bucket below into the tank. if you get a powerful enough one.
 
i thought that was a bit harsh. what a ####.

josh, look at buying a pump like an eheim compact, then get some hose that will fit and you can pump it from a bucket below into the tank. if you get a powerful enough one.

Yeah soz, it was harsh - I'm tired... :X
 
A python will syphon down into the bathroom and happily put the water back in again (even up hill) :good:
 
i would be a little worried about attic taking the extra weight of tanks

but yes a hose pipe attached to the bathroom sink would get up ok and would be cheaper than a filter or pump
 
Make sure your tanks are running with your floor joists

draper sell a power tool which you put some garden hose on and a drill very cheap

or if you have got a filter with something like a spray bar on it then just put garden hose on that and fill the bath up and put the pump in that

or ext the shower hose and use that
 
Can't you just get an adaptor for your closest sink and get a hose for fish use only. Hook it up to your sink and off you go. That's what I do. No pump or Anything like that.
 
Filling with a hose will be fine, watch the temperature in an attic, some can get pretty warm in the summer.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top