Swordtail fry

Vorpal

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 16, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
8
Points
18
Location
Norway
We've got three of these little guys & my son is so pleased, you'd think he was the father. :hooray:
 

Attachments

  • 2017-05-26-5339.webp
    2017-05-26-5339.webp
    358.7 KB · Views: 330
Cute! He's got a very cool pattern, what do the parents look like?
 
These pictures aren't as good, but you get the idea. I suspect the one with black along his sides is the pappa. :D
 

Attachments

  • 2017-05-29-5384.webp
    2017-05-29-5384.webp
    583.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 2017-05-29-5385.webp
    2017-05-29-5385.webp
    596.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 2017-05-29-5386.webp
    2017-05-29-5386.webp
    605.9 KB · Views: 334
  • 2017-05-29-5387.webp
    2017-05-29-5387.webp
    597.6 KB · Views: 310
How big should they be before I let them in with their tank mates? I don't want pappa to eat them. A related question.... I think that we have two females and one male (I'm not 100% certain about the male, yet). Is it ok to keep them together? Or with their parents? Will they breed? Or should I only put the females in with an unrelated male?
 
They should be okay if they are bigger than the mouths of other fish in the tank. It's okay to keep parents with offspring, but any female and any male with breed, so you run the risk of inbreeding.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top