Swapping Gravel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

I am changing my aquarium gravel from black and white stones to pea gravel as i would like it to be cory friendly.

Is it best to change the gravel all at once or change half and then another half a few weeks later? or shall i dump it on top of the existing gravel? As i'm more concerned about the bacteria colonies living in the existing gravel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Big Fish

Is the tank only filtered by a UGF or is there another filter in?outside the tank?

If you only have a UGF then I would sujest moving the gravle from the tank sides and then putting the pea gravle on top of the old.

If you have another filter as well as the UGF then remove all the gravle ( this will be messy, and on rethinking not a good thing to do).

Leave the gravle in there and dump it on top.

Dolphin
iru.gif

I have no UGF in this aquarium, but i have an internal filter which is a sponge filter. So it be ok to dump the new gravel on top.

Well i rinsed the gravel several times but when i put it in my tank it turn it cloudy :crazy: i have turn the filter back on for now and i'm hoping that it will clear in the next few hours. The tank looks fab. I'm hoping my corys will enjoy their new home when i go to collect them next weekend.

I have been shopping around for diffent corys and the different prices and i seen some deals Maiden head aquatic's are offering corys 2 for a £5 or £3 each. Some other places i've been to have been selling them individually for £1.25.

But why do they charge different prices for the same species of fish?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back