Suggest a suitable Cichlid Species?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sanj

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am contemplating a pair of ichlids (other than angels) that will get along in my Rena aquarium 380 litre aquarium.

They would need to be S American and be able to get along with the current inhabitants.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

yeh and key holes? or some apistogrammas

i Cant see any South American that would get along "well" with those guys sorry, unless you can get rid of some of them.

I would get more cories instead - they like to be in groups of at least 3 or 4.

I've seen people do rams and angels before. You just need to be careful and have a place to move someone if anything goes wrong.

Hey,

Ive never been that successful with cories they seem tro dies off over time and I havent treated them like scavengers moping up the left overs. There were six orginally. I have a gravel base, small size, but I think sand would have been better for them.

Also they never really shoaled together, didnt see them a graet deal.

Rams i thought about, but my PH ranges from 7-7.4. Currently at 7.4 ish because the co2 canister is empty and the LFS hasnt been able to refill yet.

Keyholes are quite peaceful arent they?

Sanj said:
Rams i thought about, but my PH ranges from 7-7.4. Currently at 7.4 ish because the co2 canister is empty and the LFS hasnt been able to refill yet.

Keyholes are quite peaceful arent they?
Most SA Cichlids prefer the lower pH and softer water, not just rams...

ph shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep it constant and stable...Most fish including cichlids can adapt to high ph.....

That isn't exactly what I'd call a high pH. It'll be fine for the rams, if you get them. However, I'd suggest not getting a breeding pair of rams. Mine got along fine with the angels it was a breeding pair), but my female was killed by a horrible mistake. The male still got along perfectly with the angels, though. And then he also got along with a convict...than a betta...who knows who he'll be with next. Hopefully another female.

But anyways, you shouldn't REALLY have a problem except for how territorial angels are. My angels wouldn't let my rams move out of the densly planted areas for about a week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back