FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you mean those rainbow shades I wouldn't use them for children or fish. But neutral shades of beige/tan/grey should be OK.

But having said that, it is always risky using a sand which has no reviews about its safety for fish. We have several members on here who use Argos play sand with no problems. But no-one has yet said they use a different brand so they are unknown from the safe-ness aspect.

If you mean those rainbow shades I wouldn't use them for children or fish. But neutral shades of beige/tan/grey should be OK.

But having said that, it is always risky using a sand which has no reviews about its safety for fish. We have several members on here who use Argos play sand with no problems. But no-one has yet said they use a different brand so they are unknown from the safe-ness aspect.
By coloured I mean black, I cant find many places selling black sand. I already have black substrate but I dont have enough, therefore I need black sand. Argos doesnt do black sand unfortunately

Play sand doesn't come in black - I can't see most parents buying it, except perhaps the odd Goth ;)

Have you looked at Unipac Limpopo sand?

Play sand doesn't come in black - I can't see most parents buying it, except perhaps the odd Goth ;)

Have you looked at Unipac Limpopo sand?
Haha, it definitely does come in black. I have seen that one, I'm just not sure how much I need. Probably about 20kg more

Agreed, that’s exactly how I wash my sand, except I do it in 5g buckets when washing larger quantities.
I did the same thing. Only I repeated a whole bunch of time. I figured that putting the work in then would pay off. And it did. When my sand gets stirred up, it settles immediately with no lasting cloudiness.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back