Stocklist Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reeferbro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm going to be starting my cycle in my 55 gallon ( 39.5 inches length - 19.5 inches width - 16.5 inches height) with a 20 gallon sump and octupus skimmer. I'm going to be getting 20 kg of LR and creating a aquascapes with loads of swimming space. I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with my stock list ? I'm hoping to have a large 'centrepiece' fish but I'm not sure what ones i can have?

Centerpiece fish ( that I like): one spot foxface or kole tang or yellow tang or flame/coral beauty angel

Other fish I like:
Flasher wrasses
Fairy wrasses
Anthias**
Mandarin dragonet**
Ocellaris clown pair*
Watchman goby/ pistol shrimp pair
Blackcap basslet
Jaw fish
Starry blenny or other type of blenny*

** hard to care for ( diet etc)
* must have

Obviously I won't have all of them and plz don't flame if I have picked a few bad choices :)

Thanks for any input

You need a larger tank for the tangs, The need a 75 gallon at least. Id go with one of the angels, Personally I'd choose the flame over the coral if you want corals but either one is a 50/50 at nipping at your corals. Regarding your other stock list. No to the Dragonet, they need a very mature tank. 6 months to a year minimum. As for the other fish, I'm not educated enough to give you a correct answer on.

I know about the dragonets diet and it would one of the fish I would add last. And I would only add it if I knew I had enough copepods and amphipods visible.

I also plan on adding one to my setup but not for a very long time. So as long as you've done your research and know your tank is ready that would be just fine. If you want to do some quick research on the fish you listed, check out liveaquaria.com. they have good info and maybe you'll find a fish you'll want to add to your list

sputnick said:
I also plan on adding one to my setup but not for a very long time. So as long as you've done your research and know your tank is ready that would be just fine. If you want to do some quick research on the fish you listed, check out liveaquaria.com. they have good info and maybe you'll find a fish you'll want to add to your list
Ok thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back