Stocking My Tank..

Declan

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Milton Keynes
Hi all,

Im on my 3rd day off my fishless cycle using the add & wait method..

Its a 25l tank and once everything is cycled I shall slowly add the fish..

I have considered an all shrimp tank, and a female betta tank, or just a male betta tank..

Any other suggestions..im open to absolutely everything!

Thanks, D.
 
TBH with only 6G to play with your options are limited to either a shrimp colony, a Betta, a few Male Endlers or a single Dwarf Puffer
 
Partially ignoring my flippant first reply, if you're going to use the tank as a Q tank then you're gonna want fish that will be happy in a community. I assume that you will be moving them over to the Roma 125 once you get it cycled?

That (afaik) would put the puffer out. I can't comment on the others as I don't know them well enough.

Personally I think I would go with a small tetra of some sort - although I believe that they prefer groups of 6 and you might be getting close to over stocking with 6 fish in 6 gallons. Of course, you'll get juvies and be moving them over to the big tank in a couple of months so there's not too much need to worry about their adult size.
 
I think what I may do is have it as a shrimp tank until I get my 125, and then what I will do is go to my LFS and see if the will swap them for some sort of credit..only hope really, or maybe even not have it as a Q tank later on..

D.
 
whats wrong with getting a shrimp community in there and when you get your new tank up and running move the shrimp into the new tank with small community fish?
 
Because I think that I would prefer some larger fish like angels..and Ive heard they dont get on..

D.
 
if your confident you will be getting the roma after x-mas, i.e. in the next 2, possibly 3 months max
then i can't see any reason why you couldn't add something like a pair of 1 inch angels or any really young fish for that matter (within reason)
 
if your confident you will be getting the roma after x-mas, i.e. in the next 2, possibly 3 months max
then i can't see any reason why you couldn't add something like a pair of 1 inch angels or any really young fish for that matter (within reason)
Im almost certainly getting it, but it will take about a month to get it runnning properly, but ive heard angels and shrimp dont get on..

But other than that I really do like the idea of have a shrimp colony..

D.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top