Stocking Ideas?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

iambrett

Reaction score
Oh Hello there,

First of all, hello! I am a new member for the forum :)

I am looking for help with stocking ideas for a new tank (which i'll get to in a sec)

I currently have 3 basic tanks in use.
tank 1, 100L with 6 cherry shrimp, 3 Amano Shrimp & one Danio who has no eyes (bully victim in past)
tank 2 140L with 12 White Clouds (unplanted to stop breeding, as i am done with minnows once they die out) 4 Borneo loaches & one CAE (mis sold, but love him so kept him)
tank 3 170L with one Black Moor Goldfish

NOW, Tank 4 - This is a 540L (690L system with sump)
I had just the black moor in it, but downsized him as he is not an active fish wasting the space.

I have a Brief idea of what I want, however, could use some input or suggestions.
Heavily planted tank with background, mid ground, foreground & carpet plants (also leaving bare sections and trails. Also decorated with rocks and wood.

My current stocking ideas of what i want.
centre piece fish = Pearl Gourami x 1.
schooling fish = Tetras (either neon, cardinal or rummy nose.) x25-50
Bottom Feeders = Corydoras (not sure which one yet, potentially panda's x 15
Algae eaters = Otto's x 6

potentially! Just for colour differences, maybe some sort of barb, but not sure on the compatibility with the rest.

I also may decide to put my shrimpy in there too one day, see if i can get my cherry shrimp to breed.

What are your thoughts?

Welcome to TFF.

Most of us here like to know the parameters of the source water (tap water, on its own) especially GH (general or total hardness) and pH before suggesting suitable fish. Also, the tank dimensions.

Most reactions

Back