Stocking for Fluval Edge 46L

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DeeGeeDee

Reaction score
Hello...

I'm new to the forum and also petty new to fish-keeping. I've had a tank before (a biOrb Flow 15 which wasn't what I thought it would be so it's being sold now) but in the research stages of getting a new tank. I love the look of the Fluval Edge 46L (12G) tank but read that it's not ideal for fish such as Neon Tetras etc. This isn't that big of a deal to me and I'd be happy to get others to fill the tank with. I do have my heart set on the Edge 46 thought as it'll fit in perfectly in the room I plan to have the tank in.

The LFS' around me (North-East Scotland) aren't the best and I'd like to stay away from Pets at Home as when I bought fish for the biOrb, they didn't last very long (I blame P.A.H for this rather than the tank, but that might not be the case). I do have a small pet shop in the centre of town that stocks fish but haven't been in for a long time so don't know what tropical they have. I've been looking at buying online through sellers on eBay etc...

I have a few questions that I'm hoping more seasoned fish-keepers can answer:

1) Would buying live fish online from eBay etc be a good choice, or should I try find another shop to get them from?

2) I found the fish below on a sellers page and would like to get them, can you advise if they would be suitable for the Edge 46L?

6 Male Endlers
5 Galaxy Rasbora
4 Blue Shrimp
4 Cherry Shrimp

1 Red Tailed Shark (I don't think this is feasible but I'd love to have one as they're beautiful)

The tank itself will be planted (hopefully) with some driftwood and stones etc for fish to hide/play with.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you
Derek

That's okay, I'll move it for you; you will need to read up on cycling anyway though, as you need to cycle your tank before you get fish :)

The RTBS is going to be a definite no-no, they need a four foot tank.

Do you know your water hardness? Endlers do best in hard water. If you don't know, you should be able to find out on your supplier's website.

Thanks Fluttermoth - I already have pages and pages of information about Cycling downloaded and printed ready for re-visiting. I'm not at the stage of buying yet, purely research just now. I'll make sure all is going ready for the fish!

I don't know the hardness of the water yet but I can get some tests going.

Thanks for the advice on the RTBS, I didn't think it would be suitable. Shame!

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back