Stocking For A 60 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JellOh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm just wonder if this could work or not.
- 60 gallon with a heater, filter and the whole shabang
- 2 small(2") angelfish of undetermined sex
- 1 small (2") clown pleco
- 1 small (1.5") albino bristlenose pleco
- 5/10+ *female* betta

The things I'm worried about is
(A) if the angelfish will get along with the bettas once they are both all grown up
(B) the plecos will have enough space once they are full grown so there won't be any fights over territory
(C) how many female bettas can I put in there
(D) are there any good places online that I can get a large amount of bettas shipped at the same time (all I have is a petco, and they are one of those terrible petcos where all their employs are still covered in pimples and know about as much about animals as a dish sponge does)
(E) can i mix and match bettas types ex. A few betta splendens and a few betta mahachai

That's about it, thanks guys.

the only thing wrong in my opinion is the betta part. maybe not so many of them

I think that will work. What I would do is add 6 angels wait for one of them to pair off and then rehome the other 4. I would say 20 female bettas would be the limit. I would get 5 female bettas and add a different type of fish. Perhaps a shoal of rosy barbs and some corydoras.

Is the clown pleco a common if so then no.

I don't get why you'd stick a ton of betta fish in a 60 gal seems a waste of a tank :p

As long as it'll work, I'm happy. And about the beta.. I just kinda like them *shrugs*

ProNoob- He isn't common, nor will he get as big as a common pleco.

I'm all for a tank of bettas as long as you post pics. LOL. With female bettas the golden rule is the more the merrier.

@techen a clown Pleco isn't a common Pleco, a clown Pleco is a clown Pleco lol.

Fishaholic- Thank you very much for suggesting Rosey Barbs, as I looked them up... And I don't have any angelfish, apparently. Just two Rosey Barbs that I rescued of Craigslist because I thought they were small angels being kept with 3 Glofish in a 5 gallon tank. Somehow I failed to notice that they don't really look too much like angels. At least now I can stop worrying about the black spot on their sides. Good job me.

Always happy to be of use!
You thought barbs were angels!!!
I'd get at least 5 more, these are one of my favorite fish. My older brothers 75 gallon tank has a shoal of 12 rosy barbs they are so awesome. I got to look after them for 6 weeks while he was away. Best time of my life ( well almost )! What's your final stocking looking like at the moment.
Just thought id add that our names are the blue ones in the top left corner not the ones below which are our ranking. E.G my name is talltree my ranking is fishaholic. Personally I'm more of a fishnerd but I can't choose for another 800 posts. Lol

TallTree01- Thanks for telling me about the names. And I really don't know how I got them mixed up. It kinda serves me right to trust someone who would put so many obviously active fish in such a small tank. That, and she called the glofish "neon fish". Now I'll probably just combine my two 10 gallon tanks. So-

- 1 clown pleco
- 1 albino bristlenose pleco
- 5+ Rosey Barbs
- 3 GloFish with 2 Zebra Danios
- 10/15 female betta

One thing to make it perfect: more danios. I'd up It to 8-9 danios personally but it's up to you.
Other than that looks like a great list.
You should make a journal on it. It'd be a great read.
Be sure to post pics.

Can you mix and match danios? I.e 3 Zebra, 3 pearl, and 3 GloFish. I will defiantly make a journal and take lots of pictures.

I have a female right now that was taken out of my small sorority for being a bully, would it be safe to add her into the new tank? Or will she continue to cause problems?

Well the Gloria's are modified danios so they'll school together, but the pearl danios are separate species. They will live together peacefully but they probably won't school together. You could do
4 glofish
4 zebra danios
7 pearl danios
10-15 bettas
7 rosy barbs
And the Plecos

Personally I would get some bottom action as the Plecos don't add much action. Maybe a shoal of corydoras. My preference would be 7 peppered cories But it's up to you! :) :) :) :) :)

good list so far but as talltree  has said I would get some corys sterbia and albino are nice

and by the way very good advice talltree :0)

Good idea, pepper cories are pretty cool looking.

What are some good plants I could add the the rosey barbs wouldn't eat? Could I grow a carpet of glosso, or would they just destroy it?

Well with cories you really don't want a carpet. But a sand substrate would be best.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back