Starting Out & Wondering What Tank I Should Get?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sweet09heart

Reaction score
Hi, so Christmas is coming soon and I'm thinking of buying myself a saltwater tank. I plan on having mostly corals and just a few fish. I was thinking of getting the 29 g Oceanic Bio cube the one with HQI lights but I am open to suggestions. Please help I want something small but still big enough to have a pair of clowns and a few little guys - like a cardinal and or dottyback and or basslet.

First of all you should seriously consider the amount of care a marine tank needs, especially a smaller one like you mentioned. Have you ever successfully kept any other kind of tank? If you have not i would suggest you try tropical fresh or coldwater first as these are easier to maintain and do not cost you hundreds to set up so in turn will not cost you hundreds if it crashes.

Yeah my ex and I had a tank it was 150 gal and had halogen lights. I really enjoyed the upkeep but would like a smaller tank my self.

I've read the bio cube 29 is one of the better plug and play systems. To be fair there probably isn't much between them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back