Starting My First Fishtank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

demend4? I think you just read my first post only ey? By now I ended with a 4fth aquarium with all the heaters / filters etc ;) I have 4 guppies and 2 cories [TILL NOW]

For my algae I got 2 x Pleco and 5 x Ottocinclus - they already did a superb cleaning job!!!

The otocinclus are great at cleaning algae but I have stopped trying to keep them in my own tanks. They simply refuse to take anything but algae in their diet and I don't like to move fish around enough to keep mine fed. After I lost a few of them, I stopped using them to control algae. My choices were to buy fish destined to die or to clean the algae myself. I chose the second option.

Yeah you're right. I already lost 2. :(

I bought them some zucchini's too which look they like it.

Yes, I've pretty much given up on otos too although I've been tempted since back when OM47 talked about growing algae on rocks in a bucket in the back yard (that was you wasn't it OM?) ..sounded like a good idea although just another extra thing to be worrying about.

WD

The otos are nice looking fish too. I just looked them up. Learning everyday :rolleyes:

well they seem quite healthy eating zucchinis and cucumbers which i put with a fork on the gravel. also the rock in sun will be something ill start doing very soon - problem is sun and london - not a good match :p

:lol: ...come to think of it, part of the enjoyment of leaving the sunny southern USA for London is the novelty of all the gray! --wd--

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back