Starting again 2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

David said:
Someone a while ago actually posted a pic of his full grown angel swimming alongside his small cardinal tetras. If that's not proof that they can get along, then I don't know what is.
:crazy: :crazy:

Can someone help me here?

David said:
Someone a while ago actually posted a pic of his full grown angel swimming alongside his small cardinal tetras. If that's not proof that they can get along, then I don't know what is.
You cannot even remember who said this, and thats your only research. You better do some more.

You have told people alot of things also, we have established everything was not accurate, so why would you do something without doing your own research.

The "teaching them to be friends" technique is something I never read. :crazy:

Well then has anyone kept angels with small tetras with any success?

David,

I am saying its good to use forum for advice and to pass on knowledge. But do some of your own research.

I think this makes a great forum. I mixture of research and experience. But since you will have time b4 you add neons or cardinals, pick up a book, or hit some sites and do your own research.

Like right now you are unsure of this topic we are on, do your own research.

If you would said I read it this booked named "so and so", I'd say okay.

But you say "someone on here, i think, I am not sure who, said" This is no good.

Person could have been maniac :D

Good luck

Mmhmm I'll try google then. Maybe some books if I can get my hands on them. The tetras will probably be the last things added anyway, so I'm not too worried just yet. If I find that it won't work I'll just pick bigger tetras like black phantoms or something.

Thats all I am saying, do your own research.

Repeating what other people said without research backing it up is no good.

You'll find that doing your own research will make fish keeping much easier.

Also, most of the problems you are having will not exist :thumbs:

I've seen it said too, but I don't remember who it was either :p I've got neons b/c I had them before the angels and if they become an angel snack down the road, I can live with that. *I* think that the rasboras would get "tall" enough to be OK, but that's just speculation.

Another option might be the emperor tetra. They are slightly "taller" than the neon, but they don't get very big either so that might not be a good option either.

Maybe glass fish? I don't know. Personally, I would TRY the rasboras b/c they aren't very expensive. If they became an angel snack, then I would deal with the issue then - either get more rasboras ( ;) ) or get another kind of fish altogether.

Problem is, there aren't many peaceful characins that get bigger than 2". -_-

congo tetras David? they have gorgeous colours and get to 3.5" :)

I too have read the thing about raising angels with neons often on this forum, and I remember one member who i wont name who, not entirely by his own fault, kept an angel and 10 cardinals in a 5g tank and it didnt eat any of them. also my lfs staff (who i trust...!) recommend it.

I don't have experience with it and it's probable some fish would be exceptions to the "rule" i just wanted to make the point that david hadnt fabricated it out of thin air.

edited for lame spelling

That's what I'm doing. I'm scanning some sites like liveaquaria and fishprofiles, but their info can be pretty inaccurate too I'm finding. :crazy:

Ah. Thanks clutterydrawer, I love congo tetras! I had completely forgotten about them, so I'll look into it. How many should I get to replace the 8 rasboras that I would have gotten? 6 or so?

Don't cardinals also get a good bit bigger than neons?

I dont know much about them I'm afraid :unsure: but my trusty fishkeeping book *waves it around* recommends a shoal of at least 6. This will take up a fair bit of your "stocking inches" at 20" but it might be worth it as they're so pretty. I saw some at the lfs and they had sorta irridescent rainbow stripes. :wub:

I'm not sure about that. I am getting conflicting reports from different sites, and at my LFS the cardinals are about 2" but i see some 3" neons in their display tank :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back