Starting again 2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That's a great idea Kristin I like it a lot thanks. I think I might just go with exactly that. So to reiterate:

5 juvie angels, 1 will go back when two pairs are formed
9 panda cories
3 yoyo loaches
1 male dwarf gourami
2 german blue rams
and last but not least 8 harlequin rasboras/other small non-agressive tetra.

I will do a fishless cycle and start off with new media, thanks for the advice guys. Wish me luck.

Can someone give me a detailed description of how to do a fishless cycle? Or give me a link?

CFC said:
Disenfect the tank and all ornaments with a bleach solution and treat all live plants in a seperate container with a broad spectrum anti bacterial medication.
Ich is a parasite - wouldn't you want to treat for that and not a bacteria? Or am I just smoking crack again?

parker313 said:
Instead of tetras, maybe look at harlequin rasboras. Great fish with nice color and markings yet shy enough that they won't nip at your angels like some tetras (black skirts).
Yes, but rasboras are small too. They risk becoming dinner for the angel.

cation said:
parker313 said:
Instead of tetras, maybe look at harlequin rasboras. Great fish with nice color and markings yet shy enough that they won't nip at your angels like some tetras (black skirts).
I will be getting juvie angels however, and growing up with the rasboras will teach them that they are friends, not food. :p

David said:
cation said:
parker313 said:
Instead of tetras, maybe look at harlequin rasboras.  Great fish with nice color and markings yet shy enough that they won't nip at your angels like some tetras (black skirts).
I will be getting juvie angels however, and growing up with the rasboras will teach them that they are friends, not food. :p
What :blink: ???

They will be okay for now. However, if your angels reach maturity in size, you best beleive that friend stuff will be out the window.

And your ras' with be din din .

"Teach them to be friends" please tell me you are joking :rofl: :rofl:

add some Albino African Clawed frogs. they are cheep, hardy, peaceful, fun to watch and can live up to 15 years long. ive got 3 of them, i think ther great!!!!!

7chanaa said:
add some Albino African Clawed frogs. they are cheep, hardy, peaceful, fun to watch and can live up to 15 years long. ive got 3 of them, i think ther great!!!!!
From what I understand, clawed frogs get aggressive as they get older... -_-

I've always been told to specifically look for ADF's, no claws.

Yeah no ACF, no way. I don't really like frogs anyway. You can keep small tetras with angels canarsie, if they grow up together, as the angels will get used to the idea of smaller fish swimming around and won't bother them. i have seen it work, somewhere on this forum actually, just can't remember where.

David said:
Yeah no ACF, no way. I don't really like frogs anyway. You can keep small tetras with angels canarsie, if they grow up together, as the angels will get used to the idea of smaller fish swimming around and won't bother them. i have seen it work, somewhere on this forum actually, just can't remember where.
Okay David.

If your angels reach maturity, if you think they wont eat those smaller fish then you are crazy :blink:

Someone a while ago actually posted a pic of his full grown angel swimming alongside his small cardinal tetras. If that's not proof that they can get along, then I don't know what is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back