Started my Fishless cycle

If you've grown a lot of bacteria and you have live plants, there should be no problems adding fish. But I do always suggest keeping an eye on ammonia and nitrite daily after getting fish till you are sure they are staying at zero.

Alex any updates on tank you were cycling with Goop.???

My tank update
Checking readings each day readings staying constant.
Ammonia. 0. Nitrite. 0 Nitrate. 20. PH. 7.4. KH. 5. GH. 5

Attachments

• IMG_4148.jpeg
    IMG_4148.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4149.jpeg
    IMG_4149.jpeg
    445.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4150.jpeg
    IMG_4150.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Alex any updates on tank you were cycling with Goop.???
Yes, I posted in your other thread about soft water. The Goop worked brilliantly. The filter cycled in 3 and a half days, from 3.0ppm ammonia to 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite and the nitrate jumped from about 15ppm to 40ppm so it definitely works that stuff.

Is it possible and advisable to buy from someone at random used filter media to seed my tank. I have asked 2 pet shops near me one being a pets at home store if I could buy old filter media. Both said no.
I don't have experience with this company but I've heard good things. UK based, they do live "goop" and mature filters.
Don't go off my suggestion alone, I am still new :)
Personally for my new tank, I've had success with Seachem Stability and Fluval Cycle.

I don't have experience with this company but I've heard good things. UK based, they do live "goop" and mature filters.
Don't go off my suggestion alone, I am still new :)
Personally for my new tank, I've had success with Seachem Stability and Fluval Cycle.
Alex suggested the goop from this company, above

Alex suggested the goop from this company, above
Dermot actually took the plunge and got the Goop before me. I was just curious, and so I experimented with it in an empty 24 litre tank and a new filter sponge and the Goop worked. Dermot had a really frustrating experience hence why this thread is so long!
What's the latest Dermot with your 200L ???

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back