Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 11
Update on Cycle. Test taken at 1.30pm. Water Temp 27.7C
Ammonia. 0
Nitrite. 0.25ppm.
Nitrate. 20ppm.
Really good. Nitrates are rising really well, from 5 to 20 which I guess supports essjay's hypothesis knowledge earlier

Wow that was supper fast looking good Alex.
I have enquired to Tropco to see what size of Oranda and Ryukin fish they can supply. There fish on website are large fish but I want mine small.
As I live rural in South Scotland not near any large aquarium shops, just 2 near me that only stock common goldfish, my only choice is Pets at home…………enough said about that. Don’t know where I can get my choice of fish.
As my tank ( 200 L ) can only hold 4 possibly 5 fancy fish I want to chose my fish not just take any old thing.😀

Wow that was supper fast looking good Alex.
I have enquired to Tropco to see what size of Oranda and Ryukin fish they can supply. There fish on website are large fish but I want mine small.
As I live rural in South Scotland not near any large aquarium shops, just 2 near me that only stock common goldfish, my only choice is Pets at home…………enough said about that. Don’t know where I can get my choice of fish.
As my tank ( 200 L ) can only hold 4 possibly 5 fancy fish I want to chose my fish not just take any old thing.😀
Exactly. Why not, after all the trouble you have had getting things ready. You will be limited with 200 L but got to start somewhere. Pets at Home, shambolic fish departments in all the ones in London I been to.

I added 20 but was not sure which colour it was 10 or 20 so I said 20 if that makes sense
would you say tank has cycled.?
I think you need someone better than me to say that, I'd love to know what others think.

I think they are pissed with my comment on other post about broken cycle help nobody has commented on my last post here.
Typical Scots cause a fight in an empty hoose.

Last edited:
My mum has passed, but she was from Paisley and I can attest to that!

Having nitrate does not prove a tank is cycled; rising nitrate means is is cycling. The only way to prove a fishless cycle is finished is when the tank can process 3 ppm ammonia to zero ammonia and zero nitrite in 24 hours.

I have done the extra day adding Ammonia to 2+. 24hours later (yesterday ) my readings were
Ammonia 0
Nitrite. 0
Nitrate. 20.
I never said Nitrate had increased. Just found it hard to distinguish between colour of 10 - 20 it has remained at same reading.

Those ammonia & nitrite readings the day after adding ammonia are good. Nitrate is notoriously difficult to test accurately, and apart from zero, 5 and 10 the colours are very close.

Remind my (this is page 13!) are there live plants?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back