Standard Tiger Barbs Vs Green Tiger Barbs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

drewmac

Reaction score
So I have three standard Tiger Barbs in my 20 gallon. I want to increase their number to five as I know they do better in groups of five or six. One of my three is being bullied and I figure if I add two more the agression should even out (at least this is what I have read). Now, because my tank is a 20 gallon, I want to maximize the diversity of species in my tank without over-stocking. So my question:
If I add green tiger barbs will the other three view them as their own species? This way I have brought them up to a total of 5 while adding something "different" to my tank.

Thanks!

Green tiger barbs are the same species as normal tiger barbs. They are just a colour variant and will live happily with the normal ones. There are also albino, yellow and red tiger barbs, again the same species just different colour forms.

Green tiger barbs are the same species as normal tiger barbs. They are just a colour variant and will live happily with the normal ones. There are also albino, yellow and red tiger barbs, again the same species just different colour forms.

I agree, i had 3 reg and 3 green tiger barbs together, they were fine together, besides the natural dominance issue every now and again

hi
as said the 2 colour varieties are the same species of barbs we've kept a mix of the 2 for over 6 years now and they all hang out together/ scrap together etc.i dont think the greens actually know that they are different :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back