Square/cube Shaped Tanks, Having Difficulty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi people, im not most pleased with my tank scape at the minute (juwel lido 120) as time goes by it seems that I find it harder to aquascape the tank after trying numerous things it gets a little irritating lol

I watched a vid on youtube of the build of james findley's aquascape called natures chaos, it really inspired me and got ideas whirling in my head then I decided I wanted a square shaped tank so I could go for the mountain/volcano shape kinda thing, but its proving hard to scape, I have a fair bit of wood but only 2 large pieces to work with and they aren't all that great

so does anybody have any pictures of square or cubed shape tanks they can show me to give a little inspiration and ideas ? :)

been thinking and I think I just want to start over, I want to sell my tank and fish and find a new tank to start fresh, however I don't want to have to cycle my tank again, but I don't exactly have a spare filter to keep everything running being as its a juwel tank and the filter is fixed in the tank

Trying to fix the tank the way you want it is very hard. The videos you see are people that have been at it for years but even they will just be going with what works.

Also you'll have to keep your tank running with stock till you get the other tank set up, then transfer the media from it.

thanks for the reply, its just a bit frustrating and I don't have a whole lot of money to put in to it at the moment, I have a few plants but it looks a bit bare which is not making it that pleasing :(

I'm looking for a Lido, where are you based?

You can keep a filter cycled with some filter media, a small internal and a plastic storage box with some fish in.

I'm down in Berkshire, probably a bit far to come pick up :(  Pity

Hey Kyle. I just bought myself a cubed tank, 40cm x 40cm x 40cm.

I'm going to start aquascaping it soon. I will keep you updated with mine. It's my first proper tank so I will have lots of stuff ups!

sounds great:) I look forward to seeing it come together!

just took a quick pic of the tank, after having my hands in there for a couple of hours messing around I think I finally found something that I might like, look any good ??

I would like to cover the rocky area in java fern, what would look better ? normal or narrow leaf java fern ? :D

I would say narrow just because it would lend the tank some size. Narrow leaf plants make the tank look bigger to our eye.

Is that anubius in the substrate?

Ahhh cool. I like that plant, but it does look like anubius until you get close up. My bad.

I think it looks great - love the piece of wood you have in there - I would go for an island type idea so its all in the middle rising up with wood towards the surface - maybe even breaking the surface?

Wills

Most reactions

Back