Badger's Tea Garden

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

...aaaaaand I just realized that the video contains no footage of the misty waterfall, arguably the coolest part of the setup. So I guess I'll be doing another one soon. ha ha

Impressive tank, love the waterfall and future home for the frogs. Those sand loaches are adorable, what big personalities.

Impressive tank, love the waterfall and future home for the frogs. Those sand loaches are adorable, what big personalities.
Thanks! N. corica should really be much more popular than they are. Peaceful but active, easy to please, and really nice to look at. I can only guess they are so unknown because of the inaccessibility of their wild range. I love finding wonderful but relatively unknown species like this. What a gem!

Well, I have begun tearing down the tank and transferring the decor over to the 55 gallon. Not sure if I'll start a new journal or keep this one going.

Also trying to decide between a school of odessa barbs or a school of wild-type gold barbs (green barbs). Keep vacillating between the two, but really need to get some fish ordered...

Well, I have begun tearing down the tank and transferring the decor over to the 55 gallon. Not sure if I'll start a new journal or keep this one going.

Also trying to decide between a school of odessa barbs or a school of wild-type gold barbs (green barbs). Keep vacillating between the two, but really need to get some fish ordered...
Odessa's all day long 😍

Odessa's all day long 😍
That's the direction I'm leaning now. I REALLY want some wild-type goldies, and TWS has them in stock right now! I really enjoy keeping rare and unusual fish, and I've never seen them available before! But odessas would be less cramped, and I could keep a bigger school, and I could probably get them a lot cheaper from the local pet store...

So that's the way I'm leaning right now. Ten minutes from now? We'll see. :lol:

...but I'm going to have to pull the trigger and make up my mind today. My client would like some more whiptail cats for the 150, and I need to order some before they sell out. Sheesh, making decisions is hard sometimes. Anybody want to do a rock, paper, scissors with me???

...but I'm going to have to pull the trigger and make up my mind today. My client would like some more whiptail cats for the 150, and I need to order some before they sell out. Sheesh, making decisions is hard sometimes. Anybody want to do a rock, paper, scissors with me???
🪨 📃 ✂️== ✂️

Well, OK. I decided to hold off on the green barbs :S and get a nice, big school of odessas later on. I did order five more sand loaches and four more reticulated hillstream loaches. So that'll be nice.

I have a 20 gallon tub set up in the garage for the fish to live in while I'm tearing down. I'll order the odessas from my LFS. I can quarantine them in the tub once the other fish are back in the big tank. (I don't qt fish from thewetspot, because they do a GREAT job of making sure fish are completely healthy before they ship. But the LFS, while having great prices, usually sells fish that need to be nursed back to health)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back