Splitting Up My Pair, Need Help Asap

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GShorty1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi i'm going to split up my large Severum pair today, i'm going to swap my big female Gold for a 6" Male Gold, will he fight with my 7" Male Red Spot, what should i do to kirb aggression?

My pair have been laying eggs once a week and making life hard for my other fish so its time for my beloved female to go :(

Firstly have another tank available should it kick off so you can move one. Male severums can be down right nasty to one another or get on fine. I had a red spot & gold fine together for ages then they went at each other like two pit bulls, yet I have a group of 3 male belem's that are fine together (she says lol waiting for them to kick off now I have posted that!!) Personally I would recommend that you sold the breeding pair then started again with two juvi males you might be ok then, mixing semi adult fish at 6-7" can be a tad risky.

It didnt work out :( going to sell the male and get a juvi male, they are currently separated, the red spot layed the whoop down on the golds a** lol

aww bad news :(, so hit and miss trying to add adult fish to a tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back