Spending

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My favourite constellation has always been Orion because of it's spectacular stars and its nebulae such as the Orion nebula M42 and the Horsehead/Flame nebulae. My favourite open star cluster is without a doubt the pleiades M45 due to the fact that the stars themselves are stunning but also because of the nebulosity that surrounds them. My favourite galaxy is the Andromeda galaxy M31, it's simply beautiful. My favourite globular cluster is the great globular cluster in Hercules M13. My favourite planets are Jupiter and Saturn.

My favourite constellation has always been Orion because of it's spectacular stars and its nebulae such as the Orion nebula M42 and the Horsehead/Flame nebulae. My favourite open star cluster is without a doubt the pleiades M45 due to the fact that the stars themselves are stunning but also because of the nebulosity that surrounds them. My favourite galaxy is the Andromeda galaxy M31, it's simply beautiful. My favourite globular cluster is the great globular cluster in Hercules M13. My favourite planets are Jupiter and Saturn.
We share the same favorite planets :) I also like Uranus

Screenshot_20200414-091459_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20200414-091131_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20200414-090740_Google.jpg

Amazing o_O just beautiful

Hey @Russjw bet you never thought your simple question would end up this far off course :rofl:
I have been through a few phases where my fish had to have the best of everything, and I have boxes of now unused stuff lying around. I am currently in a KISS phase where I see how close I can get to a glass box with clean water. The Flex I bought used on farcebook- almost new and I got the tank and stand for less than the price of a tank. It came without the filter so it now has a block of sponge in the back and an eheim pump rated at half the throughput of the original. The Thai tank is a proper budget system - less than £90 for everything and a generic stand from amazon. I replaced the cartridge filter that it came with with a HOB (also only have sponge in that). I bought the sand for the flex but everything else in both tanks is just stuff I had lying around, and cuttings from plants in the main tank.

I did buy inkbird controllers and redundant heaters for each of these.

Are you going to show us some of your pics?

You can find some of my pics at the link below mate.

Hey @Russjw bet you never thought your simple question would end up this far off course :rofl:
I have been through a few phases where my fish had to have the best of everything, and I have boxes of now unused stuff lying around. I am currently in a KISS phase where I see how close I can get to a glass box with clean water. The Flex I bought used on farcebook- almost new and I got the tank and stand for less than the price of a tank. It came without the filter so it now has a block of sponge in the back and an eheim pump rated at half the throughput of the original. The Thai tank is a proper budget system - less than £90 for everything and a generic stand from amazon. I replaced the cartridge filter that it came with with a HOB (also only have sponge in that). I bought the sand for the flex but everything else in both tanks is just stuff I had lying around, and cuttings from plants in the main tank.

I did buy inkbird controllers and redundant heaters for each of these.
Ive got a few good deals, my Roma only cost me £100 for the tank and stand (i have added a considerable amount more to that in setting it up mind)

My 55ltr is probably my budget tank really. Probably cost around £100 all in for that 1.

I wouldnt like to show the wife how much ive spent on the hobby over the last year tho :hyper: (i would have "Thats 2 weeks all inclusive in the sun"):rofl:

I know this hobby can be super expensive. But I get most of my stuff used. I see no point in going to my LFS and buying a brand new FLUVAL FLEX. (Even if I may really want one... :hey:)

For example: I struck a deal at my LFS for a used 10g, a heater, and a filter (both working to this day) for $15. That’s a good deal IMO. As for plants, I got 3 Anacharis plants for $4. Now I have a TON of it, just from hard work growing it and dedication.

My advice for those out there who don’t want to spend so much on fish stuff? Go to your LFS. Look on Craigslist, support a local business. You will feel better about yourself at the end of the day. :)

I wouldnt like to show the wife how much ive spent on the hobby over the last year tho :hyper: (i would have "Thats 2 weeks all inclusive in the sun")
At least you have summat to show for it. I doubt many of the 2 weeks all inclusive companies could even afford the refunds ;)

Here is my start photo, I am using a black sheet to cover the old stand and the back of the tank. Working on rinsing the pea gravel today but it is a cold day so have to do a little at a time in the sink.
Cool! How many gallons is that? Is that an under gravel filter?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back