Spending

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Anyone else spend loads on their tanks?

At the begining I thought once i got the tanks set up and stocked it would just be fish food and water conditioner etc little bits and bobs here and there.

I spend a fair bit on my 3 tanks, always trying to improve them as much as i can. Ive just sat and watched my big tank and purchased 6 more plants in a blink of an eye. Ive purchased more wood, plants, stones, snails and other bits over the past week too. Im always ordering things off Ebay.

Im not saying this in a negative way, its my hobby and i enjoy it, i just wondered if other members spend a fair bit on the hobby too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh my gosh it is way too expensive I can afford it but I also cant stop because its addicting and I need help

Ive got another tank in the pipeline. Nearly purchased a 6 footer last week.

Is the set up your sunken forset tank?
In a way, I decided to switch my LOTR castle to the "new" 30 gallon tall tank and have the sunken forest in the 55 gallon tetra tank. The LOTR new tank will have a fine -3mm pea gravel that is dark and a black background

In a way, I decided to switch my LOTR castle to the "new" 30 gallon tall tank and have the sunken forest in the 55 gallon tetra tank. The LOTR new tank will have a fine -3mm pea gravel that is dark and a black background
Pictures when done pls :good: sounds awesome

I've spent quite a lot of money on my aquarium, probably about £1,500.
However, for a bottomless money pit, nothing compares to the amount I've spent on astronomy gear and astrophotography gear. ;)

I've spent quite a lot of money on my aquarium, probably about £1,500.
However, for a bottomless money pit, nothing compares to the amount I've spent on astronomy gear and Astrophotography gear. ;)
Youve got some cool hobbies man :)

Astronomy is amazing. I can believe just how much the equipment must cost for you in that hobbie.

Youve got some cool hobbies man :)

Astronomy is amazing. I can believe just how much the equipment must cost for you in that hobbie.
It is really expensive. Even a cheapo telescope is expensive

My current setup including all the accessories comes in at around £5,000. However, over the years I must have spent at least 5 or 6 times that amount lol. I'm currently out in my back garden photographing the Cone nebula.

My current setup including all the accessories comes in at around £5,000. However, over the years I must have spent at least 5 or 6 times that amount lol. I'm currently out in my back garden photographing the Cone nebula.
I like it :) if you have a bad day you can transport yourself 3000 light years away :D cone nebula looks beautiful

Stargazing certainly lets me know how insignificant I am. The size of the universe is truly astounding and I've been fascinated by it for well over 40 years. I also love the peace and quite of the hobby, though there are those that think I'm a bit weird for being out when almost everyone else is fast asleep lol. However, I do fully admit to being a geek!

Stargazing certainly lets me know how insignificant I am. The size of the universe is truly astounding and I've been fascinated by it for well over 40 years. I also love the peace and quite of the hobby, though there are those that think I'm a bit weird for being out when almost everyone else is fast asleep lol. However, I do fully admit to being a geek!
I feel that. I havent gotten super into it but it still fascinates me

I think the universe is one of them subjects which we will never have all the answers to but it will keep amazing us the more we do find out and learn about it.

I bet youve seen some sights. Have you got a favourite part of the universe you like to revisit or is there things about it you like to look at more

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back