Something is off....

I don't see the clamped fins 🤔 I got another video from this morning, apologies for the glare and the Octonauts on the TV 😂 but you can see the fish look amazing and there's breeding action...if they were unhappy I wouldn't be seeing this, surely?

Octonauts!?
My little brother used to watch that when he was younger... I was still a teenager then but it was my guilty pleasure watching that show when he had it on... To be honest, I really liked it 😂

Octonauts!?
My little brother used to watch that when he was younger... I was still a teenager then but it was my guilty pleasure watching that show when he had it on... To be honest, I really liked it 😂
Both my kids adore Octonauts 😁 thats where I got my username from!

Both my kids adore Octonauts 😁 thats where I got my username from!
I always wondered where you got your name from... I even thought: "That's one of the characters from Octonauts!.... But she probably doesn't know that. She probably just thought of it herself as it being a cool name." 😂

That show was definitely one of the "little kids shows" that I actually really liked...

They still don't look right to me. I would keep the salt in there until they all look perfect. Currently the first few fish you see in the video look off.

When you say off, do you mean colour-wise or behaviour? If its the colour, it may be because they're not under the light? When the fish sit in the foreground next to the glass they're in shadow, and they can look pale and dull. And it was still early morning, I have a sun up and sun down mode on the light that I use and it was barely on at that time. I'll wait another day or so if that's what you suggest but they look good to me 🤔

This is them now...

I see what Colin is seeing. It's hard to tell from a video, of course, and CaptainBarnicles has to be the final judge, but just the way the unpaired fins are held tight to the body says to me that they're still not entirely feeling good.

When you say off, do you mean colour-wise or behaviour?
Colour, behaviour and appearance. The latest video, the fish in the middle of the screen doesn't look right. The only reason they would be just hanging there was if you just turned the lights on or they were resting after a few hours of displaying. They just don't look or act right to me (most do but a few still don't).

Keep the salt in there (2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres) for another week. The plants should be fine with that level.

Colour, behaviour and appearance. The latest video, the fish in the middle of the screen doesn't look right. The only reason they would be just hanging there was if you just turned the lights on or they were resting after a few hours of displaying. They just don't look or act right to me (most do but a few still don't).

Keep the salt in there (2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres) for another week. The plants should be fine with that level.
I shall listen to your advice, you're the expert Rainbow dude! I'll do another water change today and post another video....my crypts are having a hard time with the salt, I'm having a lot of the older leaves melt. I'm not worried if it's just the older leaves going, it will encourage new growth anyhow

20230513_170839.jpg
20230513_171204.jpg
Honestly, I could cry....

something is definitely not right. I'd do a lot of water changes, maybe one a day or every other day, that looks like an internal infection of some type, and it may be spread in waste from the fish, I don't think salt is fixing this. Rainbows don't like hot water either, seems like 78 F is about the highest they tolerate but it has been 10 or 15 years since I kept them. without knowing whether gram positive or gram negative bacteria tough to pick a medicine. not to mention that medicine is going to nail your biological filter. so do water changes, maybe set up some 10s and split up the sickest fish from the healthiest? This is in my honest opinion, I don't have a degree but I've kept a fair number of fish

I agree, that Cherry had an internal bacterial thing...I've euthanised her. There are some fish with white poops that ive noticed...one thing after another

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back