Some cool falx shots

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Tonight, as I was cleaning their tank, I removed the divider between the boys, as they have had a week to rest up seperately. They went kind of nuts. They're not hurting each other, but showing some interesting behavior (shown in later pics). Here is Daddy #2... he's preeeeeetty. :wub: I love this pic, and the next one.

Attachments

• falx4.jpg
    falx4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 119
Same Daddy again... the other one is a bit more shy. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• falx5.jpg
    falx5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 128
Here is the interesting behavior - They "flare" at each other, but not quite like splendens. They do spread their fins and a bit of the gills, but also puff out their mouth pouches! I just had to capture it, it's really neat. This is just how they look when they are full of eggs, but they're obviously using it to try and say "look I'm bigger and better"!! :nod:

Let's just hope they calm down within a day or two. They're still chasing each other all over the place... but I can't let them have the whole tank cuz I know they'll immediately be forced to spawn by their horny girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• falxboys.jpg
    falxboys.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 125
One more. :) This one shows the full extent of their pouches - goes all the way back to the gills. Rarely do you get to see this part. Nifty, eh? :thumbs:

Attachments

• falxboys2.jpg
    falxboys2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 125
That is soooo awesome! I bet they're a blast to watch :lol:

LMAO@ the horny girlfriend :p

Sweetie? I think I hear the tiny voices of falx saying that they want you to bring them here...... -_- Can you hear that? :huh:

Those are some cool pics....im always tryin to catch shots of my fish "flarin" but it never works that well....great lookin fish julie :rolleyes:

good lord you must have alot of betas... and flax... (are flax betta i thought they were mouth brooders?)

Freshmike.......... :rofl: that made me laugh out loud you silly boy you!!

Julie, just go live with him for cripe-sakes!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oops, I forgot.....NO PRESSURE HERE!!!! ;)

edit> DUH, I forgot to say how neat your fishies are :*)

dragonfish - Yes, I have a ton of bettas. :*) Especially if you count the 50 plus falx babies I have right now. :wub: Anyways, they ARE bettas, just not the kind you're used to seeing in the cups and such, which are splendens. It's just a different type of betta (just like you can have different types of danios, discus, etc!) :nod: They're mouthbrooders too.

Ooo, they're so cool! They really are quite lovely. Julie, You little devil you, you with the falx and wuv with the giant bettas - my interest is really being piqued. I was checking out the IBC "for sale" area, and there's a guy that sells all sorts of crazy species. I would LOVE to have some of them! (mmmm....B.persephone, B. pulchra, B. rutilans...)

I think my betta addiction is turning into a whole new monster...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back