So... this happened

Ive moved all the fry to the grow out tub, but only am keeping the water at 5- 7 gallons while theyre this size... once they grow larger, ill increase the amount of water. It is a 20 gallon tote bin.

Still no heater, so using the heat lamp under the tote inside a metal mixing bowl. New heater should arrive in a few weeks still... heavens know lol
20200504_210228(0).jpg
20200504_212202.jpg

Day 13! Starting to get the taller body shape to them as well.

If you notice the thermometer photo, theres a fry in front of it. Thats how little these guys still are. But ive weaned them onto Hikari First Bites today.

20200506_133113.jpg
20200506_131203.jpg
20200506_132818.jpg

Cute little guys

Well, unfortunately, found the smaller fry didnt take the tank transfer well. I did my water change (fry tank getting water changes every other day) and found a huge number of smaller fry gone.

The few survivors are double the size of the ones that were lost, so there's hope they are the stronger ones.

But, still, cant help the feeling of wondering where i went wrong.

Beautiful fry and plants....look so natural with the plants just like in their natural habitat.

I think the fry are very sensitive to the water change - temperature and other water parameter.

Try to make small water change probably 10-20% and don't overfeed in case of ammonia too high.
Keeping them in large volume of water probably might be more stable.

But I'm not an expert in keeping fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back