So much hostility

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The title of this topic makes it seem there is a lot of hostility and/or arguments on this forum. For the most part, members here are civil and are open to intelligent discussion.

We have many very knowledgeable members here who very helpful in responding to members who are seeking advice.

Sure, there may be disagreements here and there, but the bulk of the discussions are very civil . And if a member decides to berate fellow members or become uncivil on the forums, we moderators step in to bring discussions back on course and will reprimand members who cross the line.

Last edited:
As always I arrive at the end of this thread.. The one thing that needs to reminded of this is a written msg area.. so many times it can easily be misunderstood. I met my wife 20+ years ago.. we courted on the net before. Many times I would say something tongue in cheek.. she would misunderstand, to which I would be scolded for something I never meant in seriousness. Then spend lots of time explaining. I am not saying there is not hostility.. we just all need to remember there is no nonverbal signals. I self deprecate all the time. Some people might misinterpret this as hostility.. it is not..
Just don't take things as seriously.. we have this new abnormal. With or without it.. we have to laugh our way through.

we have to laugh our way through.

Sorry, but I need to vent!!!!

I experienced the WORST customer service today at a local store.
I don't want to mention the name of the store because I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed.

Yesterday I bought something from this store. I paid cash for it. I took it home and found out it didn't work.

So today, less than 24 hours later I took it back to the store and asked if I could get a refund.

The girl working at the store told me “NO” even though I still had the receipt. I asked if I could get a replacement instead then.
Again this person told me "NO." I asked to talk to a manager now as I'm really not happy and I explained that I had just bought the item, had got it home and it didn't work.

The manager just smiled and told me to my face that I was "OUT OF LUCK."

No refund. No FREE replacement. Grrrrrrrrr. .

I'll tell you what...I am NEVER buying another Lottery Ticket from there again.....

As always I arrive at the end of this thread.. The one thing that needs to reminded of this is a written msg area.. so many times it can easily be misunderstood. I met my wife 20+ years ago.. we courted on the net before. Many times I would say something tongue in cheek.. she would misunderstand, to which I would be scolded for something I never meant in seriousness. Then spend lots of time explaining. I am not saying there is not hostility.. we just all need to remember there is no nonverbal signals. I self deprecate all the time. Some people might misinterpret this as hostility.. it is not..
Just don't take things as seriously.. we have this new abnormal. With or without it.. we have to laugh our way through.
I understand that... like for example, when someone on here makes a joke, sometimes people take it far to serious, because it’s hard to pick up tone of voice/purpose of saying what you said, online. Texting has a similar effect.

Sorry, but I need to vent!!!!

I experienced the WORST customer service today at a local store.
I don't want to mention the name of the store because I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed.

Yesterday I bought something from this store. I paid cash for it. I took it home and found out it didn't work.

So today, less than 24 hours later I took it back to the store and asked if I could get a refund.

The girl working at the store told me “NO” even though I still had the receipt. I asked if I could get a replacement instead then.
Again this person told me "NO." I asked to talk to a manager now as I'm really not happy and I explained that I had just bought the item, had got it home and it didn't work.

The manager just smiled and told me to my face that I was "OUT OF LUCK."

No refund. No FREE replacement. Grrrrrrrrr. .

I'll tell you what...I am NEVER buying another Lottery Ticket from there again.....

The nerve of those people! :mad::rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back