So Funny

Jazzzz

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
turo, devon
:hyper: Bought two see through algea shrimps (banjo?) today and the largest one is sortove bluey and he keeps swimming/climbing up the tank sides but as soon as his feeler touches the surface he falls back to the bottom
 
:hyper: Bought two see through algea shrimps (banjo?) today and the largest one is sortove bluey and he keeps swimming/climbing up the tank sides but as soon as his feeler touches the surface he falls back to the bottom


im assuming it is amano shrimp
 
havent a clue pets at home sold me them. Going to try and track down a pair of bumblebee and a pair of cherry shrimps. I am right in thinking it wont affect how stocked my tank is arn't I
 
LOL that is hilarious. I had a good chuckle lookin at my tank... Ony of my Oto Cats thinks it is a Penguin tetra. It is swimming around with them! I gotta get a pic :P
 
I have x 3 amano shrimp I got from Pets At home - do they look like these? Easy to determine male from female - the male has 'spots' on its side the female has 'broken lines'

They are real characters and will soon be bold. Mine roam the tank all day and fight the danios when its feeding time! I love the way they gather as many bloodworm as they can carry and try to run off with huge algea wafers! You will find their colours really come out when you feed them a good varied diet. Mine were almost colourless when I first got them now they are beautiful bright colours with bright yellow dots on their tails!



Lots of people have trouble with them dying . It is not uncommon for the Amano Shrimp to die shortly after introduction to the aquarium. Virtually all Amano Shrimp are wild caught and are not used to captive conditions. Also, a lack of feeding can cause death as well. Most first timers keeping these shrimp think that they are solely algae eaters and can live off of the tank and require no food. You must feed this shrimp.

Deaths are also caused by stress from shipping, handling, lack of acclimation to new conditions and from being introduced to multiple tank parameters. Remember that the Amano Shrimp is caught in the wild. It goes through a lot of stress during capture and during shipping around the world. Once it reaches the local fish stores it undergoes even more stress. When it ultimately ends up in the hobbyists tank it can be marked for death regardless of what the hobbyist does to keep it alive. Do not be surprised if this shrimp dies on you shortly after introduction.
 
well the larger one was enjoying a piece of flake earlier and I just added a bit of algea wafer he is is allready very bold.

The other one is much smaller and colourless and just sits there under a plant mostly
 

Most reactions

Back
Top