Snails

arj

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of snails in my tank, most of them are tiny, but every now and again there's one which is worryingly large, about half a centimetre?

we enquired at the shop, and the guy said just squish 'em and the fish'll eat them. that works for the little ones (sometimes), but usually we have a bunch of dead snails at the bottom which eventually decompose.

is there anything particularly wrong with having snail? what do you think is causing them? WHERE DID THEY COME FROM???? AAARHGHGHGHGH!!!

Snails usually hitchhike in on plants as tiny babies. They've probably been in your tank for a while, you've just never seen them. I wouldn't worry about them... I think they are fun to watch and they provide a tasty snack for fish that eat snails. I was worried that mine would eat my plants, but they've left them alone for the most part. Try dropping in some cucumber slices and squashed peas. Feeding frenzy! Lol :lol: If you really want to get rid of them, use a medication with copper in it or add some (aquarium) salt to the water. :thumbs:

Sounds like pond snails. Alot of people hate them to death. But I fined the a fishkeepers best friend. If you don't over feed them or have a algae problem they will not produce alot but if you over feed they will. They eat left over food and algae and can be very good for a tank. But if you have alot of thin leaf plants they not be a welcome thing. But I keep them in all my tanks. Along with trumpet and mystery snails.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back