Snails

FloatyLight

New Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 60 litre tank that I keep my mollies in. They have several live plants which is obviously where the snails have come from. I started off with one, but now have an extra 4-5 baby snails as well. I was just wondering if they are okay to leave in the tank or whether it would be better to remove them?
 
personally i would remove them quick stat, put it this way i can remove anything from a glass to a large mug full every few months and still be inumdated by this pests<in my oppinion>
 
most snails aren't a problem but will eat fish eggs if they find them. In a tank with mollies there won't be any eggs to eat and they should be fine. Snails can sometimes get out of control and breed rapidly. When this happens they run out of food and can start eating plants.
 
I find the snails really annoying as they're constantly crawling all over the inside of the glass and making everything look messy. I think that they're hermaphrodites as well and so breed rapidly! I bought 4 Assassin Snails last week who should help with the snail problem but I always end up removing 15 - 20 pest snails every time I do a water change all the same...
 
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to remove them this evening before they get even more out of control.
 
i like my snails. they are amusing and clean your glass and plants. i have named several of my "pest snails". they are great!!! leave them be.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top